June's Bitchin' Bike Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June's Bitchin' Bike Contest

June's Bitchin' Bike contest is up and ready for voting. All bikes that received a 51% or greater yes vote on their entry poll are up for the title of Bitchin' Bike. Voting will go until the 18th.

abn

fisch

Haggis

suzuki07boss

6r tlr
    abn
    5.88%
    fisch
    21.57%
    Haggis
    16.67%
    suzuki07boss
    10.78%
    6r_tlr
    45.10%
    - If you find this site useful kick us a few bucks. <a href="http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/billspaypal.php"><b><font color="blue">Tip cup</font></b></a>
    - Want to help support the Planet? <a href="http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/payments.php"><b><font color="blue">Subscribe</font></b></a>

Re: June's Bitchin' Bike Contest

Man!
    Another month of great bikes!
    Good luck to everyone,

A|G
    WTB: Vandriver Gold Rear Brake Reservoir

Comment

Vote for 6r_Tlr

Comment

Dancing with who I brought... good luck all!

FANTASTIC bikes this month... where have these all been hiding?
        sigpic

Comment

Easy big fella....I dont swing that way

Comment

Originally posted by 6r_tlr View Post
            Easy big fella....I dont swing that way
            Well... I had about 4 ways to convince you to sell me those rims... scratch one of them!

sigpic

Comment

Haggis bike is definitely unique, and gets my vote. TLS's make great minimalist fighters. The tail and shorty muffler definitely lightens it up more, really minimal rear subframe; talk about gap mod. Even the chin doesn't weight it down visually. Some visually lighter wheels might lighten it up even more, but even the massive black wheels and tires look truck-like and military-like. They would have used this in the Mad Max movies if it existed back then. Can't take a passenger...

That bike makes a unique statement. As art, it generates a reaction and looks meaner than the suzuki07boss bike which is kind of the opposite. What a contrast to see the two pics next to each other.
              Last edited by cyclecamper; 06-11-2010, 08:39 PM.
              It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

My vote goes for 6r_tlr, but the others are all very good quality.

Comment

Cyclecamper... I love Haggis's bike too... it's a very unique figther build. I happen to think it's beautiful, but it's probably too acquired of a taste for some.

Brilliant build though.
                  sigpic

Comment

wow....I always liked 6r tlr's ride, but haggis really ha something hot here

But....never the less 6r tlr is over due
                    Last edited by Roninrider; 06-12-2010, 09:52 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

are you feeling it 6r tlr?
                      sigpic

Comment

not yet...it was close with ghost...was close with tlsman...just didnt seem to be in the cards...until maybe now

Comment

Don't get your hopes up. Plenty of time to go tits up again
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WLR View Post
                            Don't get your hopes up. Plenty of time to go tits up again
                            I was only kidding. I think she is destined to come to some sort of tie again. Maybe another pic or two will help my case.

By the way...could one of the mods switch the pic for voting to the full side shot I just posted? Looks better without the pink garage door
                            Last edited by 6r_tlr; 06-13-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

They're all nice.

I could picture myself on the 6rtlr, so in some ways it works for me; it has the right parts. But it's not quite finished as a design. Maybe I need another view from the front, if there's enough texture finish (maybe cf front fender) to make the cf-finish rear match the front. The solo-tail is nice and I like the look of cf, there's this whole dark CF theme going in the back with the nice mufflers and solo tail. And the wheels! But the black tail does not work ideally with the yellow/silver uppers and tank. The yellow mass so near the dark tail mass needs something to unify the look. Right now the tail definitely looks like an aftermarket add-on or repair item that hasn't been integrated yet. IMHO the entire rest of the bike needs to be painted with a unifying theme, or perhaps the silver stripe changed to black or some yellow or silver on the tail somehow. Either paint the tail or paint the front. Maybe take the CF fabric-texture theme to the max and wrap the pipes to give them a similar fabric-texture look. Maybe some CF pipe hangers. Perhaps the best and easiest would be just to put on a Geelong CF tank protector. I hate to not vote for it for such a small detail, but IMHO it's not quite done.

But as art the Haggis redneck punk weapon works, a fighter with chopper tradition, it looks like the owner might be a fighter too. One of the hardest things for an artist is to know when to stop, but this is nice as-is, even the crappy stock wheels really match the utilitarian minimalist surplus theme. This is not taken to the extent of Rupe's bike, but has similar impact partly due to being less worked. About the only complaint I have is the angle of the iron cross on the front fender. It's probably the cheapest and simplest of these bikes, but seriously aggresive in its own way. You can do this for a few thou. And I just love TLS fighters. You know the owner ain't no pussy, this is not your girlfriend's bike. It could still get better, but looks done as it sits. Even if it's just flat olive drab, it no doubt absorbs radar and inulates the heat as it reenters the earth's atmosphere. Its the only one of these bikes with paint that looks finished and fully promotes its theme. Some aspects are reminiscent of WW2 but the tail looks like some stealth fighter. I don't like maltese crosses on bikes, but even it really does work on this bike. If you get off the fisch bike you can talk softly and be taken seriously. If you get off the Haggis bike every one is going to watch what they say to you in case you're a bit crazy-dangerous. This isn't a normal guy's bike. Not my daily driver, but would be really handy when I go to collect money that's owed to me.

The suzuki07boss pimp bike is also designed and somewhat unique, but it's just not my taste. The blue is so dark it might as well be all blue or all black. Slammed that low it has managed to make the front look as massive as the rear. Busa-like tail works with the fat rear tire OK. All it needs is a 300-horsepower 4-cylinder engine and to compete in another forum. But why would you make a custom drag bike using a TL engine that only puts out 120 hp? Why would you take a narrow V engine and put it into a bike that won't turn. The belly would drag as I crossed the sidewalk if I tried to pull into my local grocery store. I wouldn't want a bike that needed air-lifts to drive around on. It looks like it might be fast at the drag strip, no doubt it sounds aggressive. But I can't get past knowing that it doesn't have the go to match and can't do anything exceptionally well. You can buy a number of used bikes that will beat it in any performance category, and you can buy a number of used bikes that will beat it in all performance categories. So you have to love the personality, and I don't. It needs a female passenger with a big black badonkadonk. Its paint and smoke plexi and black is actually very sparse for the genre, and admittedly makes it look even more imposing; it is not garish while so many slammed stretched bikes are. No spinner wheels. And the colors are taken to a comitted level.

ABN is a really nice guy and his bike has nice wheels and discs, probably runs great, but it looks like another GSXR-like blue/white Suzuki paint scheme with Yosh pipes. To be unique and exceptional, it still needs its own paint theme designed around the color of the wheels. It might look better artistically with all the red removed, though it would lose some TLR identity. You have to love blue/white Suzukis and IMHO they're the least attractive TLs. I'd rather see it in white with a blue racing stripe down the middle. Somehow I never got off on any of the Suzuki blue/white race bike graphics, though admittedly they now have their own aesthetic tradtion to younger riders and race fans. In twenty years I may be painting my solar-powered vehicle reminiscent of Suzuki blue/white graphics, but not yet.

The fisch bike is a nice race bike, the tail really changes the TLR, and the blue text and graphics pick up the color of the wheels nicely, but in fact blue and yellow don't really work all that well together...they remind me of some high school's colors for a team we beat. And there's still a lot of black, and the black doesn't work with the blue all that well, and 3 colors gets harder to work with. It would be interesting to put a pic of it in photoshop and change all the blue to black or grey or something just to see what it looks like. Or photoshop the frame to blue and remove some of the black, maybe the blue/yellow could be made to work with a really complete commitment. Right now the blue is all around the periphery with a central core that's black (tires and seat the exeptions). It makes the blue stuff look added-on and accentuates the way race bodywork looks like a skin rather than the way a Harley looks like integrated shaped components. It works for a race bike. But it looks like parts, not a completed designed bike. Maybe it would work better visually if the little hugger were black, that would make all the remaining blue have thin visual lines of less mass, more like filligree, that could work if all the blue had some consistent line width. Maybe the rear subframe and/or muffler hangers blue instead of the hugger, and some black on the wheels to reduce the visual mass of the blue wheel. In short, it looks like he tried to integrate the blue wheels on a yellow bike and almost but not quite pulled it off. If some of the wheel rims were black with blue edges and blue spokes it might look a lot different. Imagine just the visual aspects if ABN and fisch traded wheels.

All this said, I still have no clue what I want my own race-bodywork TLR to look like, because I really want a TLS fighter instead.
                              Last edited by cyclecamper; 06-13-2010, 02:11 PM.
                              It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

Working...
                              X