1989 Honda CBR1000F

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Honda CBR1000F

This is my Honda CBR1000F. I also own a TL1000R. It's an 89 model and just ticked up 90000km. Runs fantastic. Very comfortable and quick for an old girl. Travelled parts of Australia and Tasmania with this bike. I did a partial resto when I stacked it on a low speed lay down.
    2014 restoration following low speed lay down crash

went out to buy one 18mths ago but couldnt get my head around the integrated brakes.
    I think they were faulty cos if you used the front brakes it then had no rear and if you used the rears then the fronts went to the bars,
    www.cycleinnovations.com.au

Comment

Very nice, my first bike was an 89 CBR600F Hurricane. I love the bike but it was air cooled and being stuck in Atlanta traffic was a killer. Thank god for California's lane splitting laws.

Comment

Yeah, the CBR1000F had independent brakes from 87 to 92. 1993 to 2000 saw the CBS or combined brake system. Better when they worked, but bloody dangerous if faulty.

Comment

New South Wales, Australia just got the thumbs up for lane splitting or filtering 2 yrs ago. Good move even though I've been doing it for yrs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X