X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niken?!

So, anyone seen the new Yamaha?

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sp...g/models/niken
    Last edited by Jeff; 07-30-2019, 11:50 AM.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Iirc, new to the US market. I've seen 2 versions (from yamaha) in Europe where the 2 front wheel spacing are different (this one being the wider). The couriers quite fancy those types of bikes, especially in high stop light dense narrow urban settings (aka Paris).

Useless in the USA IMWO just for the mere fact that the 2-wheel gyroscopic self standing bikes are quite near in the production line.

The real question is had anyone seen the upcoming 2020 Katana?

Brainless AT earthling DOT net
    "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
    Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
    Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
    Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

Yuukken.... and Yes to the Katana, we can only order (In OZ) the Katana online and pay a $1000 deposit when placing the order!

Comment

As an engineer, I find it interesting, but then we tend to be a strange breed. Kind of cool in a weird sort of way. It's also more of a motorcycle answer than a trike or Can-Am"s offerings. It would make it a lot harder to wash out the front end too I reckon. Anyhow, I don't see it catching on and, if not, finding those 15 in. front tires will be a bear in the future.
        Last edited by Jeff; 08-05-2019, 07:02 AM. Reason: Old person can't spell. Doh!
        "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

From an engineering perspective, I like it.

But then, I like other odd-ball stuff too........

January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

I don't know if any of you followed the Tour de France. There were a couple of those style bikes in and among the bicycles. They were interesting to say the least.

Comment

Working...
            X