X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some call it heresy...

There is a new addition to my garage...

Ducati 748 frame, suspension etc with a TL1000R motor and electrics

It looks stunning, does 140 miles quite comfortably to a tank of fuel and it has an unbelievably silky smooth power delivery. This is due to the PO having the ECU Yosh'd and then adding a Powercommander on the dyno of the legendary Dave Wood at DWR. The acceleration is incredible even before you add the quick shifter into the equation and the handling and the braking are easily comparable to a modern sportsbike! I have ridden 2016/2017 sportsbikes that don't handle as well as this beastie!
    Needless to say the soundtrack is pure unadulterated heaven It even has a throaty intake growl to go with those exhausts!

Only thing I really need to do is head to the fertility clinic to get some of the swimmers frozen as I doubt they will survive long being toasted by the exhaust!
    In reality I will probably pop a solid black Vanzuki clutch cover onto it with a sprocket cover to match, but to be honest I'm in no rush. I'm even intending on leaving the stock indicators on it! I've done 300+ miles on it over the weekend, am using it for commuting to work all week then taking it on a 250mile day trip next Saturday.

This machine is so good it blows my mind. I'd offer it up for BBOTM but TL engines in other frames historically don't fare too well

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - BBOTM May 2015 - click here for full colour wiring diagrams

Very nice. Also wanted one for the living room next to the fireplace.

Comment

Originally posted by chops View Post
      Also wanted one for the living room next to the fireplace.
      That would be heresy! This bike is too good not to ride!

'97 TL1000S Streetfighter 'Evil Twin' - BBOTM May 2015 - click here for full colour wiring diagrams

Comment

Its amazing just how fast you can off somebody ..........
        www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
        But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Awesome score. Start it up and make a YouTube video so we can live vicariously!

Comment

Looks good...but its missing something. You should see if Jasek will come back, Ducati's need a dry clutch.

People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

Working...
            X