impressed with the SV1000S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impressed with the SV1000S

So.. my tiller is broken and I needed a ride from San Diego to Phoenix over the weekend. Instead of driving the gas guzzling dodge ram I borrowed a friends 2003 SV1000S (bone stock).... And I must say... impressive bike. Smooth and fast. I could still read the tacho at high speeds and the ergo's werent bad. The seat sucks ass, but I have yet to find a stock seat that doesnt suck anyways.

Kudos to the SV's.

Re: impressed with the SV1000S

cool deal. i put 25K on a 05 650 without a hitch. a fun ride, fine with a passenger who was a bit on the voluptuous side

Comment

SV's are great bikes I had a 650 and would consider another one in a minute, Light, reliable, and great handling and with more than enough low down power to give the big boys a wee fright up to 70mph
      If all else fails WD40 and a hammer

Comment

you should get the gel seat for your R it is awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonboy View Post
          SV's are great bikes I had a 650 and would consider another one in a minute, Light, reliable, and great handling and with more than enough low down power to give the big boys a wee fright up to 70mph
          Same here. Sold the 650 to get the TLR. The 650 is well missed...good handling, flickable, lightweight, plenty of grunt...but the big red R makes up for the lack of thump and short gearing. As a second bike, another SV would be great.
          You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

one of my favorite pictures from my SV daze...

at palamar mtn

Comment

Working...
            X