VTR-1000 or TL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTR-1000 or TL

One of my friends has a 02'GSXR1000, anyway last night he brought up that the bike shop has a few 00' 02' TLR's and that one of our other friends now works in a bike shop and that he may catch up with him to see what kind of deal he can get on a VTR1000 not the sp2 but the one that looks like a TL's.

So what Im asking is what are the pros and cons of both the TLR and the VTR and even the Tl's for that mater. Just so I can help lead him away from Honda over to Suzuki.

Do the VTR's have any major problems

Im going to get him on my TLR for a while this weekend, so he can see what a twin is like to ride.

cheers,
    2006 749 Ducati and a 1998 TLR-1000 track bike

you talking rc 51 sp1? or superhawk? sounds like rc 51 to me. if hes tall, the arsey will be a pain in the arsey. the tiller has way more room. if he's talking vtr1000f superhawk, well, hes out gunned by either tlr or tls....

Comment

I dont know my Honda's but i believe it's the vtr1000f superhawk (US) it's called the Firestorm in Australia, the one we can all afford, not the RC-51 (honda's superbike).

it's similar to this thing
      2006 749 Ducati and a 1998 TLR-1000 track bike

Comment

the tl R or s will make the firstorm the superhawk is a super slouch.... compared to a TL..... just look at th specs to compare....

Comment

unless he is looking for a touring bike, get him away from the stooperhawk. honda engineered every bit of morotcycle out of that one as far as i am concerned. the thing has zero attitude (like alot of hondas). the superhawk is closer to a bandit in purpose than a tl (not counting the v-twin aspect). it rides like a standard with a small fairing.

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
          "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
          -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

If you thing the TL's have bad gas range.. The vtr is even worse. 90 miles max.. incl reserve.. (from some article somewhere years ago, when these things were popular..)
            I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

let's put it this way...if my mom wanted to get into motorcycling...i'd put here on chickhawk

-

Comment

Originally posted by TLSBill
                If you thing the TL's have bad gas range.. The vtr is even worse. 90 miles max.. incl reserve.. (from some article somewhere years ago, when these things were popular..)
                they were popular?

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
                -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

The superchickens rear suspension is connected to the engine For that reason alone I wouldnt have one. Youll always have movement on the ass end.

Comment

crash

the worst bike out there IMO Aren't they supposed to redesign it this year.
                    TLOTM:
                    May 2003
                    August 2004

Comment

Yes, the Superhawk uses the engine case as a stressed member of the frame. The swingarm connects to the engine case also. I have heard of the case cracking at the swingarm pivot.

Not good.

The TLR LOOKS better, has more torque, is faster, more roomy, LOOKS better, and looks better.
                      Your Friend in Sport,

Edwin

Comment

What kind of price?? I was in Peter Stevens yesterday and they had brand new VTRs for like 11 grand...
                        Used to ride a '01 TLR

Comment

11 grand? i hope them are oz dollars

-Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

That be $7150USD approx.

Are they still carbed?

They lack a bit of performance compared to the TL, but hey, we all know HP isn't the be all and end all of bikes.

They are Sterile.

TLS is evil
                            "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

yes still carbed, and still suck. yes they are that poopy on range. honda added a larger tank for euro versions a couple years ago, but didnt bring that stateside. anyways, its supposed to be redone fornext year, and from what i saw, it looks even more tls ish

Comment

Working...
                              X