Barnett sucks...bigtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnett sucks...bigtime

Against what you all said, I put the new springs and the new clutch pack into my TLS. Slips worse than before. Has anyone contacted Barnett about our problems with their stuff ? I would like my money back or a proper fix. Any ideas ? Should we contact them as a group ? Let me know. thanks, george

Did you put in Barnett fibres and metal plates? Just curious that's all.
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Yes , I put in the barnett fibers and plates all in the correct order. The fibers kinda looked cheap ? Test rode it and the clutch slipped alot worse than before. I just finished putting the stockers back in with the barnett springs. I will ride it again tommorrow. george

Comment

I think you will be happy.. Springs good.. plates not that great.
        I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

STEPS

I thought the procedure was oem plates, barnett springs? Try and get your money back for the plates and get oem plates instead.
          I know nothing about bikes.

Comment

i believe nobody told you to get anything but the springs. anybody that did should be forced to deal with godslayer

Comment

OEM plates are the tits...atleast that's what i've heard.

-

Comment

You did re-adjust the clutch after you put the new plates and springs in didn't you? Loosen the locknut on the adjustment screw for the clutch release mechanism and back it out until you feel no resistance, then turn it back in until it just touches and lock it back down.

Comment

i would be willing to bet that you dont have your clutch adjusted properly

-or-

the stack of fibers and plates isnt the correct thickness.

ive been drag racing a tls with over 40K miles for a while using barnett spings and plates. they do fine and are a fraction of the cost of the possibly better stock units. the downfall with barnett plates and fibers is that they can be all over the map on thickness. i have some extra thick and thin stock steel plates and sometimes it take some swapping to get the stack thickness correct. its easy enough to jump back in there and give it a measure...

Comment

Thanks guys, I will check the adjustment first as I have already put the stocker back in with the new barnett springs. If it still slips I will try the barnett again WITH adjustment. thanks again, george

Comment

The EASIEST way to go is with the stock plates and Barnett springs. UNLESS your stockers are shot...then the CHEAPEST way is to go with Barnett everything. N2Wheelies is right though, the Barnett plates are all over the place with regard to thickness.

Unless you have many many miles, or ride the clutch your stockers are most likely fine. Just be sure the clutch cable is properly adjusted via GT80's instructions, and leave the Barnett springs in, you will like the way it feels.

Comment

THe barnett dude got back to me and gave his figures for the plate thickness. Mine are all about 2-3 thousands small. The overall stack should be 1.800 mine is 1.756 is that enough to cause problems ? george

Comment

Originally posted by chickenhawk
                          Yes , I put in the barnett fibers and plates all in the correct order. The fibers kinda looked cheap ? Test rode it and the clutch slipped alot worse than before. I just finished putting the stockers back in with the barnett springs. I will ride it again tommorrow. george
                          Thats the problem you are supposed to run Stock Plates and fibres and Just the barnett springs. Barnett clutches are crap and cant handle the raw power of the tillers. The springs are the shiznit!
                          03 Honda RC51
                          99 Suzuki TL1000R Track Bike
                          WSMC #642
                          AK Composite Race Plastics, Yoshimura Full Race RS3 Exaust, Ohlins Rear Shock, Cable Clutch Conversion, Attack Racing Rearsets, PCII, Custom Map, Dyno Tuned by L&L Motorsports, BMC, Ivan's TRE, 5 Angle Valve Job, Pair Valve mod, Air Box Lid Removed, Ferodo CP911 Brake pads, Galfer steel braided lines all around, Powdercoated Rims, quick release Tank pins, LP Carbon Fibre Tripple clamp cover, LP Carbon Sliders, Dunlop 208 A's, Custom Paintjob by Apex Moto
                          http://toyride.org

Comment

Originally posted by Davcruz
                            Unless you have many many miles, or ride the clutch your stockers are most likely fine. Just be sure the clutch cable is properly adjusted via GT80's instructions, and leave the Barnett springs in, you will like the way it feels.

When did the TL come with a cable clutch? I have always seen a Hydro clutches.
                            03 Honda RC51
                            99 Suzuki TL1000R Track Bike
                            WSMC #642
                            AK Composite Race Plastics, Yoshimura Full Race RS3 Exaust, Ohlins Rear Shock, Cable Clutch Conversion, Attack Racing Rearsets, PCII, Custom Map, Dyno Tuned by L&L Motorsports, BMC, Ivan's TRE, 5 Angle Valve Job, Pair Valve mod, Air Box Lid Removed, Ferodo CP911 Brake pads, Galfer steel braided lines all around, Powdercoated Rims, quick release Tank pins, LP Carbon Fibre Tripple clamp cover, LP Carbon Sliders, Dunlop 208 A's, Custom Paintjob by Apex Moto
                            http://toyride.org

Comment

He's got an S which does come with a cable set up vs the R's hydro unit

Comment

Working...
                              X