Common TL and DRZ parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common TL and DRZ parts

So far the list includes the plastic chain guard and the valve shims. I understand the DRZ forks are right off a '96 RM 250, with some revalving.

As Suzuki likes to share parts among it's bikes, may I suggest a TL top end bolted to the DRZ cases. Such a 60 or so hp situation would rock
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

hmmm, a tlz500? you know they make a big bore 440(i think ) kit for your drz...

Comment

Don't laugh Duken- soon they'll have even more

....I have to put the rashed bodywork somewhere
      TLOTM:
      May 2003
      August 2004

Comment

horkn the 440 is ooollllddd skooooll like my '90

Now they have a Yosh built 450 for under 2k

Oh yeah, now I guess I have 3 chain guards for sale
        TLOTM:
        May 2003
        August 2004

Comment

By the time you spend another 2 grand hopping up your DRZ, you might as well just buy a KTM 520 and flatten your eyeballs with cannon shot acceleration right out of the box

I am so looking forward to off roading my DRZ. My old 500 had brutal in your face power over a short rpm range with paint shaker vibration. I am more of a "subtle" rider who goes well using weight shifts and good line choice.

I think the DRZ, with it's smooth engine and comparatively limitless revs, will allow me to keep the gas on and make good time in my chosen woods and technical rocky riding terain. Time will tell, but I am hoping I go faster while feeling slower, much like my TL. The ported 500 was a wee bit hectic. Traction management in dry CA conditions was always difficult.

In my advancing years I have deduced that sometimes too much power is too much. Well maybe except when climbing big ass cliffs with the throttle pinned and the front wheel skimming a low wheelie all the way up the hill in 3rd. The 500 was an "experience" in that mode of operation
          "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Duken4evr
            In my advancing years I have deduced that sometimes too much power is too much.
            Bah, too much is just not quite enough.
            "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

well, duken, the traction thing with the drz compared to the 500 two stroker is a common thing. a four stroke will always be better at getting traction than a 2stroke. i'm sure you noticed that with your old xl600r... i did... hell the xl was way betterat climbing this mega vertical sand pit edge tan my 86 rm 250, my neighbors new( at the time ) 96 kx 125, and my neighbors 93 yz 250...

Comment

I used to love how I could pin the throttle on my XL, climb a big ass hill with a jump/bump in the middle and just leave it pinned. The revs would wind up while airborne and then it would just keep pulling when it landed.

Doing the same hill on a 2 stroke, the landing would inevitably knock it off the powerband. I used to downshift my 500 over the same bump from 3rd to 2nd and it kept pulling.

That XL was not terribly powerful, but it had very "determined" torque

Comment

Very cool stuff..

You can see if Suzuki makes a part# cross reference list too.. Kawi has one that's helped me out a few times. You put in a part # and it gives you every bike that uses that part.
                  I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Working...
                  X