Couple TLR questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple TLR questions

Well I got my TLR lastnight and now I have a couple questions.

1) The speedo isn't connected, how do I reconnect it?
    2) Lindeman? let me explain... I have a penske shock with the lindeman(?) link, what's the advantage etc to having it?

Thanks!

YES YES, I KNOW....
    The pics will come soon as I get internet at home(I just moved)!

the lindemann link is an essential mounting bracket for installing an aftermarket rear shock i.e. penske or ohlins. without it you couldnt have that penske. Lindemann forks are different. they are revalved and resprung internals to give you a better ride quality and handleing characteristics.....and i think the speedo is just connected with a wiring harness.

2001 TL1000R

Carbon Kevlar gsxr1000 solo tail w/ r6 taillights/hammerit tlr/r kit/ full yosh w/ carbon cans/ attack rearsets/ hermit dragon exhaust hangars/Stainless braided brakelines front and back/ EBC HH pads/ BMC race filter/ PC2/ metzler sporttech tires/ carbon here and there/ racelite fairingstay/ Olhins steering damper/ Polished frame, swingarm, subframe................STILL A PILE OF SHIT

"Johnson sprinkle some crack on'em and lets get out of here!"

Comment

speedo

The speedo is just connected with a wiring harness. If you take the windscreen off, behind the gauges towards the middel and top of the gauges is the space where it connects.
      I know nothing about bikes.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!!

I thought I heard him say he didn't reconnect something on the counter shaft though (sorry forgot to mention that one). Is there something there that would kill the speedo?

Thanks!

Comment

you talking about the sensor on the front sprocket cover?
          Ohlins rear,Hyperpro/Traxton front, PCII,6-pot front w/SS lines, Airbox mod, High mount exhaust, Clear tailight, Sliders, Carbon front/Hugger, Scotts, Helibars, K+n, Manuall fan sw, EBC HH Pads, 17/42, O2 Sensor w/gauge....list goes on

Comment

Yes, I think that sounds right.

Comment

mileage

I've never messed with that part of the speedometer. But it is by the front sprocket. Doesn't that keep track of the mileage also. Just wondering how many miles he told you it had?
              I know nothing about bikes.

Comment

It should just attach to the cover, can't figgute out why it's off thought. Got another gizzmo on the TLS.. welded a bung for an O2 sensor and installed a A/F ratio gauge. Now i can adjust the PCII anywhare w/o the laptop.
                Ohlins rear,Hyperpro/Traxton front, PCII,6-pot front w/SS lines, Airbox mod, High mount exhaust, Clear tailight, Sliders, Carbon front/Hugger, Scotts, Helibars, K+n, Manuall fan sw, EBC HH Pads, 17/42, O2 Sensor w/gauge....list goes on

Comment

Do a burnout yet??

2003 TL1000R

"Aint ever seen it.....but I have heard it." - Neil

Comment

LOL, no burnouts yet, but I think one is in the works, She just wants to break loose, but I don't think the neighbors will like that much.

Espeically since I set the guy's truck alarm off lastnight at 10pm just by starting her up!

Comment

Originally posted by SWEET-TL1000R
                      Espeically since I set the guy's truck alarm off lastnight at 10pm just by starting her up!
                      Sweet!
                      RIP Ron
                      Sept. 12 2004

Comment

Jarrett,

THat is the thing that I think is the coolest about the TLR is the low note that sets off alarms. Mine has only stock pipes and it still does it.

Oh yeah we will have to ride soon.
                        I'm so slow I think I'm first!!!!!!!

Comment

Deffinatley, Just drop me a line, I'm usually riding as long as it's not riding!

Comment

How did you post this post with no internet

how are the wheels?
                            TLOTM:
                            May 2003
                            August 2004

Comment

I have internet to slack off here at work! LOL But I'll start a new thread with pics of the wheels, powder coated frame, exhaust, rear sets, etc in the pics section shortly!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X