TLS Suspension options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLS Suspension options

Iím putting this together to aid TLS riders and their rear suspension options. This is not a complete list, but should reflect what is available.

Ohlins: Shock body is precision-drawn steel with aluminum shock reservoir; race shocks feature lightweight, high strength aluminum shock body.
    - The benefit of the Ohlins unit is that it keeps the original design of the TLSís suspension (progressive link shock / linier damper). Another benefit is in the Ohlins name. It does not replace the spring on the TLS unit as it does on the TLR.

$650.00 at cyclemall.net

Bitubo: Unfortunately Bitubo doesnít have the shock defined on the site. The following is taken from Posts on TLPlanet.
    - This is a complete unit that replaces the shock and damper unit. Itís mounted in the stock spring location. Itís adjustable for preload, compression and rebound damping. One of the main advantages is the weight savings from not needing a separate damper.

(Under) ~$500.00 Herman at Herdan Corp. (Herdan.com) 610-562-3155

Penske: Unfortunately Penske canít develop a web site worth looking at. Iíve taken the following information from Lindemann Engineering.
    - Lindemann Engineering has worked with Penske to come up with a TLS application which includes: LE Spec PENSKE double adjustable damper unit, LE damper mount, LE frame support and (optional) LE heavier strut spring #750 or #800. Optional rear springs to improve the stock TLR and TLS suspension - $100

$995 to $1095
    http://www.le-suspension.com/

Hyperpro: Hyperpro offers two different units for the TLS. Like the Ohlins and Penske units, these replace just the damper. An optional replacement spring for the stock shock unit is available. Unlike the others though their damper also includes a second spring.
    - Type 40. Our ďEMĒ, stands for emulsion, Rear Shocks has adjustable rebound damping and infinite spring preload without the need of an external reservoir. Complete with the advantage of a Hyperpro Spring, it gives you a high performance combined with great value for money:
    Some Specifications:
    * Lightweight 7075 aircraft alloy CNC machined Body
    * Integrated heat compensation
    * Infinite spring preload adjuster
    * Exclusive rising rate spring standard, linear option available
    * 50 clicks on rebound adjustment

Type 41. Our ďGPĒ Rear Shocks has fully adjustable high and low speed compression and rebound dampening. Designed as a full grand prix racing shock, it has all the advantages of low stiction, CNC machined 7075 aircraft alloy body and infinite spring preload. This shock type is available with the remote reservoir connected with a fully turn able connectors at the end of the hose. Reservoir is attached with special high pressure hose for application where space is limited or accessibility to reservoir is enhanced. Our GP shock is one of the highest specification production bike shocks available in the world today.
    Some Specifications:
    * Nitrogen reservoir
    * High and low speed adjustable compression damping each with 30 clicks
    * 50 clicks on rebound adjustment
    * Lightweight 7075 aircraft alloy CNC machined Body
    * Integrated heat compensation
    * Infinite spring preload adjuster
    * Exclusive rising rate spring standard, linear option available

$699.99 Type 40
    $749.99 Type 41
    http://www.hyperprousa.com/home.php

Nice post

Comment

I find the main benefit of my Penske is that my TLS no longer feels like I am riding on a log rolling down a bumpy hill.

Can't say anything about the others, although I imagine it is much the same
      "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Very good post, I haven't seen pics of the Hyperpro unit, anyone got pics?

Comment

I had a few that I posted a long time ago. They are a nice looking setup , but other than the penske they are the most expensive. Then of course theres the fact that hyperpro has been known for leaks

Comment

Penke had 3 units that I can think of for the TL's

89?? two way
            89?? three way
            8100 two way from Lindemann. (the one I got and haven't put on yet)

With any of them you're supposed to go up on the spring (another $400)

#800 I think?
            I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

The spring was $75 or so, if memory serves. The shock cost a grand.

No fear, you have already blown 95% of what you need to for good TLS rear end action. Now go spend a just a bit more
              "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Can someone verify if the Penske unit is and all-in-one replacement for the TLS or is it like the Ohlins in which it's actually just a damper unit (with an option to replace the spring on the stock shock unit).

I've gathered some information from LE that I'll add to my original post as soon as I can get this cleared up.

Comment

Yes it does replace everything but you need a bracket to mount it. I believe Lindeman can supply this. I was looking at a site a ran across the other day. I'm pretty sure it was the Penske one. They offered 3 shocks for the TLS .. 2 way adj for about 7?? and a 3 way for $995 I think. Also there was a 3-way ultimate for $1100 which uses a Penske titanium spring (Very nice, only 3 or 4 coils) otherwise the spring sold seperatley was around $150

I'll check again and see if I can find the site. I shoulda bookmarked it.

Comment

Ahhh found it.... Its the Lindeman Eng site. You can look up under manufacturures on the left just to get all the Penske stuff. I'm not sure how much the bracket costs tho. It would be nice if it could go in the stock spring location tho. Where the stock damper is would be an ideal place for a nitrous bottle

http://www.le-suspension.com/catalog/default.php

Comment

That site is so friggn misleading. It's not an all in one unit. It's the same as the Ohlins unit. It's just a damper. The stock shock is retained with an option to re-spring it.

Oringal post has been edited with the new information

Comment

My Penske 8100 (There's more in the box though)

It is NOT an all in one.
                        I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Traxxion has some info on shocks.. Looking for specifics on the TLR and S now..

http://www.traxxion.com/products.sho...ftermarket.asp

Shock manuals from Penske

http://www.penskeshocks.com/technica.htm

It seems I don't have a "motorcycle" shock? (8100, not an 89??) Hope it works...
                          Last edited by TLSBill; 09-04-2003, 12:07 PM.

Comment

At the HyperPro site is says that one of the options is "Hydraulic spring preload adjustment". Is that an easier way of adjusting the preload than turning the two locking collars? I really hate that on the stock unit and if I am going to blow a wad on a shock I would like to do away with that. It is a real pain in the ass.
                            Also, the #40 says nothing about compression adjustability.

Comment

Penske 3 way...all the way..... I love mine
                              XLSR
                              Xtreme Lean Sport Riders
                              [email protected]
                              www.NWminiMoto.com

Comment

Working...
                              X