Helmet Hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Hunt!

Hey does anyone in here know of a good place, online or shop in SOCAL, to buy ARAI helmets? I'm looking for a particular one, and I can't seem to find a decent price on it Maybe that's the best price I'll find? But before I settle, I had to ask. Why are the things you want so damn expensive!!!! And all the things that are good and cheap.....
    RIP - The Pig (Stolen July 2006)

you may want to go to the "Want To Buy" section as some poeple might have some used one's for sale. I got a blue/white Arai "Haga" medium for sale with not a scratch on it. Other than that, I don't think Arai allows internet helmet sales.

I got mine from "Second-Look" in Sacramento. They gave me the best price on the Arai.
    Custom Black with Multi-Color Metalflake 2000 TLR with Bitubo Rear Shock, Attack Rear Sets, Galfer Steel Braided Brake and Clutch Lines, BT-014 180 Rear Tire, TRE, PCII, BMC Air Filter, Yosh Stainless Full System, Joe V's Air Box Modification, Fan Switch Modification, Galfer Rear Wave Rotor, Hayabusa Gold Brake Calipers-Front and Rear, GSXR1000 Gauge, Daytona Temperature Gauge, CATS H.I.D. Headlights, No Cut Frame Sliders, Two Sided Fairing Stay, Extreme Graphics Undertail with Integrated Turn Signals, Polished Frame, Swingarm, Forks, Subframe, Steering Damper, Chrome Rims, Clear Clutch Cover, Gold Powdercoat on Triple Clamp, Clipons, Brake and Clutch Levers, Fairing Stay, Steering Damper Mounts, Rearsets, Passenger Pegs, Kick Stand, Calipers and Rotors, Hammerit Double Bubble Smoke Windscreen, Corbin Seat.

Question most frequently asked, "Can you pop a wheelie?"

Answer given: I'm a member of T.L.C.! (The Loop Club) 5/23/04

Comment

Kneedraggers

I just ordered my Shoei Eros through kneedraggers.com. They had it cheaper than anyone else, and I looked damn neer everywhere.
      X-TLR owner
      05 Black R1, Yosh TRI-Oval Carbon slip-on's, Fender eliminator/mini signals, smoked lenses, Shogun sliders,

And the need, the need for speed....

Comment

Arai decided last year that it would no longer allow its distributors to sell online. Any distributor caught selling without first doing an in-store fitting can loose their distributorship. Arai's point was that helmets are not a S, M, L, XL thing, but rather need to be individually fitted for head type, etc. Since they are THE high end helmet, they didn't want random people assuming they were a size L and ordering online only to have a poor fitting helmet that was uncomfortable for their head delivered. So, you're not going to find any good online deals on Arai's unless they are used, hot, or some kind of closeout from a non-authorized dealer.

But they ARE great helmets. I love my Signet. Not sure if it's really $200 better than some of the new competition, though. When it comes time for a replacement, I'll do some more shopping around before I commit to another Arai.
        Nathan
        2001 Ducati 996
        Former 1997 TLS Owner

Of all manifestations of power, that which most impresses is restraint - Thucydides

Comment

I picked up mine cheap.. I still got the receipt at home, I'll dig it out for ya and give you the #.

As far as the hemet fitting, they don't know dick. At the Long Beach show the Arai rep (the one in the video that tells them how to measure and what helmet works for what) measured me up, told me my "head shape" and NO it wasn't "pointy". He then hooked me up with a Quantum in medium because it was "PERFECT" for me.

It was perfect for the first 4 minutes of wearing. After that it bores into your temples with a vengance. Probably the most uncomfortable helmet i've ever owned. But I've dropped $3?? on it and can't do anything about it now.
          I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Maybe you can! All ARAI helmets come standard with 20mm cheekpads. You can order 15mm, and even 12mm ones and they snap in and out in seconds. This might free up some room for your noggin!

Comment

It's not the cheeks.. It's right upon the temples..
              I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

YIKES! Just be lucky you can find one in a L or XL. I'm trying to find the one I want in XXL. I've got a HUGE head so my helmet selection is kinda slim. Shoeis don't fit me at all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TLSBill
                  I picked up mine cheap.. I still got the receipt at home, I'll dig it out for ya and give you the #.

As far as the hemet fitting, they don't know dick. At the Long Beach show the Arai rep (the one in the video that tells them how to measure and what helmet works for what) measured me up, told me my "head shape" and NO it wasn't "pointy". He then hooked me up with a Quantum in medium because it was "PERFECT" for me.

It was perfect for the first 4 minutes of wearing. After that it bores into your temples with a vengance. Probably the most uncomfortable helmet i've ever owned. But I've dropped $3?? on it and can't do anything about it now.
                  Well then he gave you the wrong lid. If he fit you right, you'd have no problem. He probably should have suggested a different lid in the ARAI line, as the quantum fits a bit differently than the Astral, which fits a bit differently than the RX7RR.
                  I was recently fitted for an ARAI and got the quantum-F and it feels f-ing awesome.

Jim Miller
                  Appalachian Signs & Graphics
                  * For All Your Sportbike And Racing Decal Needs *
                  Phone: 717-979-2814
                  www.appalachian-signs.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

I'm not hard on the quality of arai. they're put together well and I have a Quantum-f (re-entry paint scheme)

I just don't buy into the "measuring" thing anymore. I DID.. that's why I have one after 3 Shoei's. It makes sense, but when the guy they have teaching people how to measure does it wrong, wath can ya do.. I think that premise is probably good, but it turned out like crap for me..

Comment

Originally posted by TLSBill
                      I'm not hard on the quality of arai. they're put together well and I have a Quantum-f (re-entry paint scheme)

I just don't buy into the "measuring" thing anymore. I DID.. that's why I have one after 3 Shoei's. It makes sense, but when the guy they have teaching people how to measure does it wrong, wath can ya do.. I think that premise is probably good, but it turned out like crap for me..
                      That's kind of what I was getting at too. The guy didn't measure you right, or something. If he knew what he was doing, he should have had you try a different model, based on the different fit.

Jim Miller
                      Appalachian Signs & Graphics
                      * For All Your Sportbike And Racing Decal Needs *
                      Phone: 717-979-2814
                      www.appalachian-signs.com
                      [email protected]

Comment

It's so strange how different the sizing is. I wear a L in HJC, but I need an XXL quantum/f to keep my eyeballs from being squeezed outta the front I learned real quick that I'd have to try on any lid I was considering...

Comment

I wear a XXXLarge Shoei right now. I tried Cyclegear in Kearney Mesa but they only carry Arai's up to XXL

Be sure to order it outside CA (ie not kneedraggers) 8% of 450 hurts

And when you get yours, can I try it on
                          TLOTM:
                          May 2003
                          August 2004

Comment

I just ordered one about an hour ago from IL. What the heck happened to your Tiller?

Comment

What did you pay Chingus

My tiller got
                              TLOTM:
                              May 2003
                              August 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X