Front
    K7 GSXR 750 Forks
    RaceTech Gold Comp/Rebound Valves
    1kg springs
    5wt oil
    Sam's fork kit

Rear
    Stock

If anyone here has a similar setup I'd love to see what you have it set at.

Now for the technical part. Both the stock R forks and the GSXR forks have a 50mm top triple diameter. No shim needed right (rhetorical)?
    The R has a 55mm and the GSXR has a 53mm lower triple diameter. So shim installed.

The R has a fork length of 717mm and the GSXR forks have a 738mm length according to Sam's fork swap chart.
    Am I wrong in thinking that the GSXR forks should be raised 21mm in the triples to at least maintain stock chassis rake/height?

BTW, raising the forks in the triples does not work because there is a taper in the forks OD between the top and bottom clamping points and if you raised it that high, the stock clip-ons no longer fit/tighten up on the forks and there are clearance issues with the fairing stay.
    READY TO LAUNCH
    sigpic

Originally posted by s14slide View Post
    [snip]
    The R has a fork length of 717mm and the GSXR forks have a 738mm length according to Sam's fork swap chart.
    Am I wrong in thinking that the GSXR forks should be raised 21mm in the triples to at least maintain stock chassis rake/height?
    [snip]
    I'm not 225# wet, so I can't say much about settings.

In theory, you are correct. Keep in mind that SAM's chart may have mistakes, so I would trust his chart but verify.
    Brainless AT earthling DOT net
    "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
    Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
    Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
    Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

You won't find the difference in the TL and GSXR fork lengths enough to upset the geometry. Still, the improved action from the GSXR forks should be noticeable.

However, as a complete package, it will be difficult to assess until you change out that rotary damper with something decent.
      January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

Originally posted by Six5 View Post
        You won't find the difference in the TL and GSXR fork lengths enough to upset the geometry. Still, the improved action from the GSXR forks should be noticeable.

However, as a complete package, it will be difficult to assess until you change out that rotary damper with something decent.
        this I cant wait for! but it looks like the only way out is to get some aftermarket clip-ons. Damn the luck, I have to buy more motorcycle parts
        READY TO LAUNCH
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X