Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sprockets are you running - sprocket teeth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sprockets are you running - sprocket teeth?

17-39 is stock, wondering what sprocket ratios everyone is running.

Planning on putting a 38T SuperSprox on the rear, smallest they make & boost my mileage. Setting this one up to travel.

17-43

Comment

17-41 here

Comment

Do you have a 55 vs 50 rear tire ?

It would give you a little extra.

And a speedo healer...

Comment

I've been running a 200 Series rear for the last decade+.

Both Hayabusas & both my Z1000's. TL1000R uses same rim as 99-07 Hayabusa so likely spoon on a 200 Rear once more. Old habits.

Comment

Bigger also = heavier... might influence mileage.

Comment

17-42 here, 520 setup from SpeedKing, Driven sprockets and RK O-Ring Chain, love it!
              BMC, Yosh Header, TBR Cans, PCIII, Michelin PR3s, S14Unimog Gap, Bitubo Rear Shock & Steering Damper, GSXR Forks, Radial M/C, GTR-machine triples, R1 Calipers, EBC Rotors, HH Pads & Galfer SS Braided Brake Lines, Galfer Clutch Line, CCC & PP, Vanzuki Everywhere, Driven 17/42, RK 520, Vortex Levers & Gas Cap, Protek Rear Sets, GiPro w/ ATRE, Barnett Springs, Euro Switchgear, FH012 R/R, Black On Gold, Much More!

Comment

If your trying to get good gas mileage from these bikes your missing the point of owning one...when you turn on your bike does it return the favor? If you want a bike that puts a grin on your face every time you open the throttle get a TL...you want gas mileage ride a moped...just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Metalbender View Post
                  If your trying to get good gas mileage from these bikes your missing the point of owning one...when you turn on your bike does it return the favor? If you want a bike that puts a grin on your face every time you open the throttle get a TL...you want gas mileage ride a moped...just sayin...
                  Metal, I'm one of the few people in the United States that owns a motorcycle tour company, I get paid to ride. I'm traveling 12,000 miles a season, headed into my 15th year of running guided tours across California. . So it may seem oxymoronic to choose a TLR to tour on (people told me the same thing when I first used the Hayabusa as a sport-touring machine 10 years ago), but this bike will be set up to travel distance. Little changes can have big effects when you're covering that much mileage. 12 hour days in the saddle are commonplace.

Comment

Originally posted by pashnit View Post

Metal, I'm one of the few people in the United States that owns a motorcycle tour company, I get paid to ride. I'm traveling 12,000 miles a season, headed into my 15th year of running guided tours across California. . So it may seem oxymoronic to choose a TLR to tour on (people told me the same thing when I first used the Hayabusa as a sport-touring machine 10 years ago), but this bike will be set up to travel distance. Little changes can have big effects when you're covering that much mileage. 12 hour days in the saddle are commonplace.

Have you rode a TL? You get it was in the super bike class right? So again if your looking for mileage your missing the point...if you get paid to ride that means their picking up the fuel bill as well so what does the mileage matter at that point? If your looking for gas mileage then buy a moped...I've not seen or heard of a TL that gets more than 140-160 miles to the tank...yet the owners are still amazingly happy...wonder why? Cause these bikes have the balls to get the job done...

Comment

One tooth will really have no noticeable affect on your mileage. I'd suggest adding two or three teeth to the rear. I did that on mine and it made for a much more enjoyable ride and it really did not affect gas mileage noticeably, I was getting mid 40s when I exercised proper left wrist control. Rear sprockets are fairly cheap so you might want to give it a try since you can always change your mind.

Two things I'd suggest since you want to make it a touring bike. First a Corbin seat. Made all the difference in the world on mine. I went from needing to get off and walk around after an hour or so to being able to go two or even three without a problem. The second is the rear shock. I put a Penske triple on mine and while handling was improved I thought the biggest benefit was a much more comfortable ride. With those two additions, and I had gold valves and heavier springs up front, the TLR made a perfectly fine touring bike, even for an old codger like myself.
                      Last edited by Jeff; Today, 08:02 AM.
                      "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

17 front and 38 rear, thinking of a 40/41 on the back to bring the power down the rev band

Comment

Working...
                        X