X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    ....... so pretty normal really
    That's what we hoped for Sam.

Glad to have you commenting on the forum again.

January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

Originally posted by Brainless View Post

If you do the coils, you might as well do the +mod.
      January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

The plus mod can be useful but just be careful where you mount the relay and fuse, seen a few where they are under the fuel tank/airbox in a location you can't access at the side of the road when the relay fails or the fuse pops ! Make and add a wiring loop with male connectors to your toolkit so can bypass the relay in a get home emergency.
        sigpic
        TLS for Supercharged.....................

TLOTM Nov 04, Bitchin' Bike Contest July 07, July 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits

Comment

Hey Sam, nice short wheel base sidecar, do you use that style instead of an LCR worm due to the nature of the tracks/ hillclimbs? The reason I ask as I have a lady at work who asked if I was into sidecars and I asked why? Turns out her brother inlaw make his own version of an LCR worm out of sheet ally, all riveted together, no Welding!!!! and they do bloody well with them on our road racing circuit. Problem is our circuit here has been out of action for motorcycle racing and ride days for nearly 2 years as we had a couple of deaths at the track, and the coroner investigated and shut the place down until it is changed/ upgraded.

Yes I will do the +mod and coils at the same time, will head everyones advice in doing the mod. I am flatout working on the S getting it ready to run on the salt in mid March. Less than 8 weeks to go and I haven't turned a wheel in anger yet!!!!

Comment

I hillclimb race it in the UK and wanted to build the rare trike version rather than a sidecar, It's hub centre front steering to keep the slick in full contact all the time, 10" wide rear slicks and Ford Cosworth limited slip diff. We are limited to 1300cc so I chose the Gen1 Hayabusa engine and my usual touch of magic to the engine to get it to 187bhp at the rear slicks, 205 at the crank. Was bloody great fun and fooking fast !! Unfortunately one of the rear CV joint bearing cages broke at close to 100mph and locked the wheel, the LSD also locked the other rear wheel, so a pair of 10" wide slicks both locked at 100mph can only end in disaster, we flipped and barrel rolled end over end. Both of us were an hour on stretchers before a doctor arrived in an air ambulance to check us over before been allowed to take us to hospital by ambulance. I never seem to do things by halves when on the rare occasion I crash lol

It was our very first practice of 2017 and 2 sets of new leathers/Arai helmets/boots etc were only 63 seconds old ! They saved our lives and once I was in the ambulance I insisted they removed my leathers before my adrenalin wore off and the pain kicked in so they wouldn't cut them off hehe.
            sigpic
            TLS for Supercharged.....................

TLOTM Nov 04, Bitchin' Bike Contest July 07, July 2010

PM Me for Help & Prices with GSXR/Busa Radial Fork Conversion Kits

Comment

Great to see Sam back!

My front fork kit is amazing and he welded my clutch center!

V2,

Do a fuel return test...

I'm thinking that will enlighten the actual problem.
              ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

RX, I ultrasonically cleaned both my "R" and "S" injectors about 2 months ago as the "R" engine had a slight hesitation around the 4k mark. I have put a new fuel pump (Kemso) in my "S" as that only had 29psi and what a difference that made! Can't remember if I changed the pump in the "R" though, will check to see if I have a used "R" pump in the spares box.....

Comment

New fuel pump fitted to the "R" and bang fired up from cold after about 2 seconds of cranking! (Headlight fuse still removed) Thanks rxf610 for the suggestion, now to take it for a ride and see how it performs. Going to the speedway tonight so a 120km round trip should see how it performs.........

Comment

Originally posted by V2 View Post
                    New fuel pump fitted to the "R" and bang fired up from cold after about 2 seconds of cranking! (Headlight fuse still removed) Thanks rxf610 for the suggestion, now to take it for a ride and see how it performs. Going to the speedway tonight so a 120km round trip should see how it performs.........

You can replace your coils with the SV coils. They are not the same mounting width, so use a nylock nut on one mounting lug to the plate on the engine. The other one will float free. You could maybe put some safety wire through it to the other mounting hole...

For the + mod, like Sam said, just put the relay somewhere you can access it. Very straightforward.
                    ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Not wishing to sound smug but is it the UK fuel that helps? - mine is bone stock bar Yosh cans and even after a month sat in the garage (off charger) if I went out now and primed the pump; fast idle to 3/4 it would fire after 2 seconds and away with no problems?? Not touched the TPS since I bought it; changed the plugs about 2 years ago and air filter 3 months ago.

We have 98RON; is it that simple ??

Buying: Its a cult bike Sir, the prices have stayed high.........

Selling: Its a niche bike Sir, the prices have dropped with its popularity..........

Comment

Mine runs on 98 octane can go to 100 at the pump if I want. I would say ambient temps that the bike lives in have some affect as well. Yesterday it was 39 degrees (102F) here and has been like that for most of the last 2 weeks! The fuel is hot the radiator is already at 32 degrees (89F) when I turn the key on! You may just have a freak bike.......

Comment

Rode mine for first time since November last night; 3C outside; 8C in garage. Prime pump twice (hear the fuel back up to lines), flick starter, da-dum da-dum and away she goes; 45 miles, frozen solid but happy!
                          Buying: Its a cult bike Sir, the prices have stayed high.........

Selling: Its a niche bike Sir, the prices have dropped with its popularity..........

Comment

Done all of the mods....+ mod, charging mod and earth/starter cable upgrade...starts really well now.

Comment

Working...
                            X