???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???

It seems yet again, I'm missing something. So my question is this... What could cause my poor TLR to stumble, spit, fall all over itself, and finally stall when it warms up to 186-190 degrees like clockwork? Last time I had this issue its was plug related. Ran iridiums and did the coil mod, no more issue. Now.... Greatful for any ideas.
    Mods...Pair valve gone,air box mod,Jardine cans,Vanzuki tail risers,charge mod,headlight mod,PCIII USB w/custom maps,custom rearset relocation brackets,GSXR cluster w/JoE's module,Rifleman's 1/5 insert.

I thought you sold that beast.

Has it been sitting all winter?
    January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

Nope. Only one intrest and never panned out. She sat all winter, started every week and kept charged. I've been having this issue since last summer. Have a cruiser too, so I've been picking at it as I go. But this damn issue still plagues me.
      Mods...Pair valve gone,air box mod,Jardine cans,Vanzuki tail risers,charge mod,headlight mod,PCIII USB w/custom maps,custom rearset relocation brackets,GSXR cluster w/JoE's module,Rifleman's 1/5 insert.

Comment

Six,

hot map issue?

but why

... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Reno,

you have any fuel adjustments?

Yosh box?
          power commander?

... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Yosh box. My pc3 died

Comment

Originally posted by rxf610 View Post
              Six,
              hot map issue?.....
              I doubt it, but I'll offer up an unlikely possibility just for grins. Early on, after I acquired my TLR, I noticed the idle and throttle response would change as it warmed up. I know - that is expected to a degree, but mine seemed excessive - and odd compared to the TLS. I fiddled with it for quite some time, looking at this and that, and I finally decided to look at the GPS resistance values as it warmed up. The values were all over the place. At the time, it puzzled me, but now I know this is due to poor contacts in the switch due to engine oil varnish (thanks Stu). So, it was effectively switching between gear maps randomly. At any rate, I didn't want to mess with the GPS, so I put a TRE in it and the problem was solved.

I notice Reno does not list a TRE in his signature, so maybe something similar is happening to his TLR.

Or, it may be simply due for another set of plugs since he says it was "started every week" (but likely not brought up to operating temps).

Originally posted by Reno72 View Post
              .....She sat all winter, started every week and kept charged. I've been having this issue since last summer. .....
              Or it could be something going on with one of the sensors, but more data is needed to go down that road.

Comment

I do have a TRE in Six. It was one of the first suggestion mods I did. I rebuilt the ignition,(wires, new gapped plugs, replacement coils). Still waiting on new NGK plug caps. When this problem started, I hadn't ridden it in a week or so, and was just cruising down the road. Something didn't feel right, it idled worse than a hot-in traffic 916 Duc, and wanted to stall. Been fighting it ever since.
                . I rebuilt the entire pump and sender in the tank complete with new filter. Same results. If it is a sensor, I'd love to know which one.
                Last edited by Reno72; 05-17-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

If your problem is mostly at low rpm/speeds you might try balancing the throttle bodies and setting the TPS. Even if that's not where the problem is do these things anyhow.
                  "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

The problem is at idle and what feels to be low range, yes. I checked tb sync and tps but both seem to be even steven. The one thing I can't remember is if I adjusted the idle mix on the yosh box. Starting to wonder if I screwed with something I shouldn't. Gonna reset the idle to factory again and see what happens. Damn thing won't throw a code so its a crapshoot.

Comment

If I could figure out how to upload a phone vid, you guys could see and hear what I'm looking at.

Comment

If I could figure out how to upload a phone vid,....
                        Just upload it to YouTube, then post the link to it here.

Comment

I actually posted it to tl1000r page on fb. Stu was giving my avenues to try. He says crank trigger. Definitely an electrical issue.

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/groups/223706...56177647245977

Hey Six. This is the link to the video I posted to the TL page on facebook. Try to ignore the rats nest of wires at the battery. They're already gone.

Comment

the rats nest of wires.
                              I don't have Facebook and I found your problem...
                              ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Working...
                              X