Exhaust gasket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust gasket

Hey guys i replaced my exhaust gaskets today because i swaped motors. The gasket that conects the small rear header to the main one is a PITA to get in the rear header its extreamely tight. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Unfortuantenly mine kinked in one spot and crushed. I was able to smooth it out and install it after that. Do you think i will have an exhaust leak because of this im hoping i dont have to wait a few weeks on a new gasket because of this.

As long as it is still in one piece and there is a good portion of surface contact between the gasket and pipes it will be fine.
    January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

And retorque the fastener after a few rides. It will loosen up and eventually you'll have a leak and get to replace the gasket again. Retorquing the new gasket after a few heat cycles seems to fix the problem.
      "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

Thanks alot guys! I wad also wondering how bad is a small ding in a rear header maybe the size of a small finger tip or so?

Comment

Originally posted by Noah 97 tls View Post
          .... I was also wondering how bad is a small ding in a rear header maybe the size of a small finger tip or so?
          You will never notice it from a performance perspective.

January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

Awesome thanks!

Comment

I torque check mine every 6 months regardless of how much riding I've done. I haven't had to change it since I started doing that.
              READY TO LAUNCH
              sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue until tore my motor down. I found out there were 2 gaskets in the head which pushed the header out further misaligning the pipes messing up the header gasket.

Comment

Working...
                X