1999 TL1000S radiator wire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 TL1000S radiator wire

I need the connecting wire going from my radiator temp sensor to my main harness.

Does anyone have one to sell?

What is the proper name of this wire so I can search the Internet for this item?

Thanks,

Radiator sensor output by James, on Flickr

I think it might be the Yazaki SWP 070 or the Yazaki 62-Z 060. If no one here can confirm anything, I would take some close up pics with a ruler for scale and see if the Easter Beaver guy can help you find the correct one.
    We make and sell only the highest quality products.
    READY TO LAUNCH
    sigpic

Comment

I used to know what that plug is.

If you want to go a different route: I can snip one out of a butchered harness with enough lead for you to solder to your harness. PM me your name and address if you want to go that route.

Please do yourself a favoer and don't use twisty connectors or anything else other than properly solder it and heat shrink.

Something like this might last longer:

Brainless AT earthling DOT net
      "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
      Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
      Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
      Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

Check out cycleterminal.com, he has a lot of Suzuki stuff

Comment

It is a 97 S radiator. The temp wire is plugged into the thermo housing on all other models. That sensor is unused with the upgraded thermo housing (and can be replaced with, don't quote me, an m12 bung ) ... The temp reading (using that sensor pictured) on the 97 S was very "wrong" and harsh on the ECU map calc. So Suzuki fixed on all other models... Just like the 97 S breather system... And the fact we don't have a front damper... and a 2 wire GPS... and ... and ... and...

Meaning James2008 :

Actually has a 97 S, not a 99.
          or, has a secondhand radiator.
          and/or, might not have temperature readings on his dash.
          and/or, might have a temp wire dangling free.

My guess it is a secondhand rad from the PO and new to James.

Source: my bike ( 97 S , 97 S rad, Non standard cooling setup, Radiator with that sensor plugged to nothing...)

BUT REMEMBER THIS...

The ENTIRE TL platform was built on the 97 S

... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Side note:

James2008

Nice black powder on the frame and triples! And the Upgraded front end...

Give us some pics!!!

I show mine, you show yours!
            ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Originally posted by rxf610 View Post
              It is a 97 S radiator. The temp wire is plugged into the thermo housing on all other models. That sensor is unused with the upgraded thermo housing (and can be replaced with, don't quote me, an m12 bung ) ... The temp reading (using that sensor pictured) on the 97 S was very "wrong" and harsh on the ECU map calc. So Suzuki fixed on all other models... Just like the 97 S breather system... And the fact we don't have a front damper... and a 2 wire GPS... and ... and ... and...

Comment

Working...
              X