Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel starvation

Hi Guys. First time poster.
    I have a 2000 TL1000R and it starts and runs ok but after running some time especially at highway speeds it loses power. When I pull off and idle down it stalls. After a minute or so it will start again when the idle lever is advanced to the high position. I had a similar problem with a VMax and what I discovered was that the fuel tank was creating a vaccuum as the fuel was used up. When I replaced/cleaned a check valve that fed air into the tank it fixed the problem. My TL seems to be doing the same because when I open the gas cap I can hear the rush of air into the tank. After that it runs fine again for a while until it repeats the problem. Is there a valve in the fuel lines where air can get fed back into the tank to prevent a vaccuum build up?
    Any help is greatly appreciated

the cap is the vent.
    the air finds its way thru the mechanism somehow.
    clearly yours is not doing that.
    Stripping it and removing any gunk in the mechanism might fix it
    www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
    But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

BTW if its an ex california bike it may have a closed venting system different to other bikes . In which case the cap may be a sealed unit
      www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
      But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

49 Sunbeam S7 deluxe - 57 Triumph TR6 Trophy- 68 Husqvarna MF250 Cross-68 Husqvarna MF360 Viking-71 Norton Commando Fastback-73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado-73 Kawasaki H2A 750-73 Ducati 750 GT-74 Kawasaki H2B 750-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail -74 Norton Commando Roadster-77 Ducati 900 SD-81 Ducati 900 SD-86 Husqvarna 400 WR-98 Suzuki TL1000S-98 Suzuki TL1000S-07 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S-08 Suzuki DR780

Comment

I will try cleaning the cap with solvent. Hope that works. By the way it is a Canadian bike sold new in Ontario. Here it is mandatory to record the purchase of all licensed vehicles.
          Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest is LOVE

Comment

Working...
          X