Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and a few questions

Hi,
    I've had my login for about 6 years but haven't contributed or asked a question until now.
    I had a '98 TLS from new for a couple of years and always wished I'd kept it. I'm in Australia
    I'm keen to get another one and have been reading up on them as they're getting some years behind them now.

I've seen that they can have crank issues- is this all years or a select range?
    Is an SV1000 engine any better and can I fit one in a TL frame, and is the TL engine management and wiring compatible?

I've seen a red TL with a smaller rear end, no fairings and some wide flat bars. That is the direction I want to go.

Cheers

Originally posted by Boogieman View Post
    Hi,
    I've had my login for about 6 years but haven't contributed or asked a question until now.
    I had a '98 TLS from new for a couple of years and always wished I'd kept it. I'm in Australia
    I'm keen to get another one and have been reading up on them as they're getting some years behind them now.

I've seen that they can have crank issues- is this all years or a select range?
    Is an SV1000 engine any better and can I fit one in a TL frame, and is the TL engine management and wiring compatible?

I've seen a red TL with a smaller rear end, no fairings and some wide flat bars. That is the direction I want to go.

Cheers
    Welcome...sort of

Should've kept it

Get one!

Crank issues? It's an older bike, it can have any number of issues, all of which are covered on this site.

SV engine = neutered TL engine. Can it fit...all depends on your abilities and/or how much you want to pay someone else to put it in. Straight swap, no.
    People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

There's a couple of nice TLs for sale on Gumtree. Just get one of them and get on the road.

Comment

Working...
      X