This is a first

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a first

Went to take the bike out earlier, after only 4 rides since figuring out the ignition issue. Aaaand, no fuel pump. The manual is just a hair less than useless. The relay seems to be working going by the tests, but my question is this.... should the red/black wire be carrying voltage? I have full voltage on relay thru the prime when the switch is on, but just enough juice thru the red/black wire to barely glimmer a test light. Is this normal? Diagram shows it going to the speedo
    Mods...Pair valve gone,air box mod,Jardine cans,Vanzuki tail risers,charge mod,headlight mod,PCIII USB w/custom maps,custom rearset relocation brackets,GSXR cluster w/JoE's module,Rifleman's 1/5 insert.

I think the R/B wire is from the fuel level sensor for the low fuel light. As such, it may be a low voltage. Someone may have more experience on this and may know more.

Comment

Originally posted by C-ya View Post
      I think the R/B wire is from the fuel level sensor for the low fuel light. As such, it may be a low voltage. Someone may have more experience on this and may know more.
      The fuel level is through a thermistor, so the fuel cools it. When it goes dry it heats up and illuminates the light. The yellow/ blue (I think that's the color) gets a closed signal from the ecu to power. You could have the dreaded c41. Did you try in dealer mode to see if you get a code?
      ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Originally posted by rxf610 View Post
        The fuel level is through a thermistor, so the fuel cools it. When it goes dry it heats up and illuminates the light. The yellow/ blue (I think that's the color) gets a closed signal from the ecu to power. You could have the dreaded c41. Did you try in dealer mode to see if you get a code?
        Ahh, so that's why there are 2 - one for low level (flashing) and one for "You're about to run out!" level (solid).

Thanks!

Comment

She didn't throw any codes at all. Per usual for this bike. Only time it ever does is when I leave something unplugged
          Mods...Pair valve gone,air box mod,Jardine cans,Vanzuki tail risers,charge mod,headlight mod,PCIII USB w/custom maps,custom rearset relocation brackets,GSXR cluster w/JoE's module,Rifleman's 1/5 insert.

Comment

The thing that cracks me up the most, is that the manual says " if it doesn't make a noise, its bad and replace it"

Comment

Have you done the return test to see if it is flowing?
              ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

No flow. No pump sound. Power to and good ground. Good relay. I wish it were something else. Just put the damn thing in a year ago using a pump reccomended by Jim Houlihan if memory serves. No reason why it quit. Just quit.

Comment

Nope, I don't recommend pumps. I would have said come look here.
                  Vanzuki.com - Click the banner below, to see what I have for your bike.

Comment

Maybe it was the RingIn. Honestly don't remember. It was over a year ago. I think I got screwed on it being that it was an egay buy. Shoulda known when it didn't even arrive in a box. Just a plastic ziploc bag with what looked to be photo copied instructions.

Comment

You should be able to find it in your Paypal history.
                      Vanzuki.com - Click the banner below, to see what I have for your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Reno72 View Post
                        No flow. No pump sound. Power to and good ground. Good relay. ..... No reason why it quit. Just quit.
                        Reno, I had a similar encounter with a cheap ebay pump I put in my Triumph a few years back. It was only in there for three months, but I attempted to start the bike after sitting for a week and the pump just groaned. It was one of those times when you get what you pay for. I replaced it with a Bosch pump and no problems with the fuel system since.

Just for reference, I am currently running a Kemso pump in my TLS. It is louder than the OEM unit, but so far so good. I can't say too much yet, since it has only been installed since March.

January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

I have Kemso's in both my R and S and no problems so far, although I haven't done much riding lately!!!! Both bought on ebay, came with multiple filters, clamps, wireing etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X