Please Help!!!! TL1000R

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!!!! TL1000R

I have a 2001 TL1000r. Bike was perfect when i put in storage for winter. Started bike in spring.Put into gear,started loosing gear pretty quick and all gears went to neutral!!! ?? Let bike sit for a few, same thing happens!! Start bike, put in gear and everything goes to neutral. Can someone please tell me what the problem is?? Low Hydrolic fluid maybe?? Please HELP!!!!

Iíd check 2 things...

1) the fluid level in the clutch master and make sure thereís no air in it
    2) that the disks and steels havenít stuck together from sitting

you did not say if the bike was put up properly (stabile in the tank and the whole bit) or not

Comment

the clutch slave has locked itself in the out position. . replace it
      www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
      But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ring-In View Post
        the clutch slave has locked itself in the out position. . replace it
        Then bleed...

and as ring always yells...

don't tie down the lever!
        ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Wow!! Thanks so much for the quick responses!!! Metalbender, Ring, and Hingle!!! U guys Rule!! Please dont ever leave this site!!! So many people out there can use your help and it is very much appreciated!!!!!! Here in Buffalo nobody at shops are going to help me. They want the Money obviously!!! Sucks.U know what they told me?? Change the oil!!! I had a feeling that wasnt going to work!! I said the engine oil?? they said yes. So i did that and it didnt do a damn thing!! Anyway im not going to argue with anybody!! LOL. I was really hoping not to have to mess with the clutch but if changing and bleeding the hydrolic fluid doesnt work then its clutch time!!! Thanks again!! I will let you all know what happens!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimZ View Post
            Wow!! Thanks so much for the quick responses!!! Metalbender, Ring, and Hingle!!! U guys Rule!! Please dont ever leave this site!!! So many people out there can use your help and it is very much appreciated!!!!!! Here in Buffalo nobody at shops are going to help me. They want the Money obviously!!! Sucks.U know what they told me?? Change the oil!!! I had a feeling that wasnt going to work!! I said the engine oil?? they said yes. So i did that and it didnt do a damn thing!! Anyway im not going to argue with anybody!! LOL. I was really hoping not to have to mess with the clutch but if changing and bleeding the hydrolic fluid doesnt work then its clutch time!!! Thanks again!! I will let you all know what happens!!!!
            You are lucky...

you got some decent people to respond...

except me, stu, and ray...

like ring said, replace the slave then bleed, then report back...

... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Originally posted by rxf610 View Post
              replace the slave
              Or fix the problem and replace with an S cable system....

... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

Originally posted by rxf610 View Post

Or fix the problem and replace with an S cable system....

Thatís what I did with my R...of course I did the welded center as well...

Comment

Working...
                X