Yoshimura headers/ diffrent mufflers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshimura headers/ diffrent mufflers?

My 03 has the Yosh headers with rs-3 slip on mufflers.
    I would love to try a diffrent set of mufflers like a slip on akrapovic ,m4 or even yoshimura dual tip,,
    but am I limited to the diameter of the yosh header?.
    I think it measures 2 1/4 o.d.i prefer to keep the headers and replace mufflers
    any ideas?
    thanks

Iirc the m4's have the same diameters.
    Brainless AT earthling DOT net
    "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
    Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
    Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
    Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

Ok..thank you

Comment

If you cut the 4-bolt flanges off the factory exhaust and weld it on to the Yosh system, your silencer options are greatly expanded.
        You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

I dont have that anymore...wish I did now though..I want to keep the yosh header if I can

Comment

Who else makes a full system?

Comment

I run M4 Headers with 4 bolt Yosh Titanium cans on my TLS.
              M4 can inlets are smaller than Yosh.
              Yosh slip on cans are 58.5 mm inside, M4 are 55 and Akra are 53.
              Akra cans for the Gen 1 Aprilia Mille R are 60mm inlet, of which I have a pair which are carbon fiber if you are interested mint.
              I also have a pair of Akra TL Titanium cans.

Bill.
              Last edited by Bill R; 01-05-2019, 03:58 PM.
              Double Trouble - Two Black 98 TLSs

Full Yosh RS3 CF, Ohlins/Bitubo SOAS, R-Tech GV & 1kgs/7.5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Earls SS, Air box mod/TLR T,OR /PAIRed, Flashed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, 17-39

M4/Yosh RS3 Ti, Traxx. R1 05/Bitubo SOAS/Ziggy's RHA, Attack Racing triples/Ohlins R&T FG838 forks/5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Nissin rear/Earls SS/Galfer, Sam's+STM slipper, AB mod/TLR BM & T,OR/PAIRed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, PVM rims/DSMQ2/190-55/Gilles adj/17-40

Comment

I'm very intrested..
                can u take pictures of titanium ones?
                are they in good condition? Scratches ,dents?

Comment

Pm me your email and I will forward pictures.
                  The cans are used but in very good shape. No dings or rash.

For those following this thread, I can confirm the following.
                  Yosh mid pipe o/d is 57.5 mm
                  M4 mid pipe o/d is 54 mm
                  Akra mid pipe o/d is 52 mm

Bill.

Full Yosh RS3 CF, Ohlins/Bitubo SOAS, R-Tech GV & 1kgs/7.5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Earls SS, Air box mod/TLR T,OR /PAIRed, Flashed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, 17-39

M4/Yosh RS3 Ti, Traxx. R1 05/Bitubo SOAS/Ziggy's RHA, Attack Racing triples/Ohlins R&T FG838 forks/5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Nissin rear/Earls SS/Galfer, Sam's+STM slipper, AB mod/TLR BM & T,OR/PAIRed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, PVM rims/DSMQ2/190-55/Gilles adj/17-40

Comment

Pictures sent.

Bill.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bill R View Post
                        I run M4 Headers with 4 bolt Yosh Titanium cans
                        Same here, I have a full M4 system with Yosh bolt-ons. Welding those flanges on affords many options. Considering that used TL OEM headers are often less than $50, it's a cheap add on.

You can also use the flange from any other bike's exhaust system. Cans are fairly universal; they have a simple strap around the middle while the exhaust is built such that it lines up with a factory exhaust hangar with said can bolted to it. It doesn't have to be TL specific. Matching up pipe diameters for slip-ons will be more difficult.
                        You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

Thank you for letting me know that..
                          it's going to help

Comment

M4 SYSTEM & YOSHI CANS 030.JPGM4 SYSTEM & YOSHI CANS 011.JPGM4 SYSTEM & YOSHI CANS 013.JPG

Stock exhaust flanges adapted to a M4 system with Yosh Ti cans.
                            When cut where shown, it is possible to separate the two flanges and just use the heavier thicker flange.
                            Last edited by Bill R; 01-11-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Heck yaa..thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X