S v 650 slip on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S v 650 slip on

Any body out there know if the slip on yoshimura full race headers that fit the SUV 650 would work on my tlr 2003 bike?
    I need the slip on rs 3 yosh mufflers but they only sell now for bolt on..I bought my bike from P.o.and it does have the full stainless headers to the rs 3 yosh slip on mufflers problem is my mufflers are damaged and I would like to buy the exact ones new.i know that yosh does sell the slip on rs 3 for the SUV 650 but just not sure if the headers that yosh sells for that bike would work on the tlr . If so I can buy the slip on for that bike and use it on mine..any thought ?
    thanks.

Pretty sure the SV650 headers will not fit, let alone the SUV 650, whatever that is...
    If you're trying to replace just your slip-ons aka "mufflers" you only get one from the SV650.
    You're better off looking for a Gsxr1000 01-06.
    I had 3 tlrs with gsxr1000 slip-ons. Check my builds in my sig
    Brainless AT earthling DOT net
    "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
    Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
    Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
    Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

Lol.
      I meant sv..auto correct caught me...
      and I will check out yours ..thanks

Comment

The p.o. did install the full stainless yosh headers with the yosh rs 3 slip on mufflers.
        yoshimura says they don't build the slip on muffler anymore just bolt on.
        I'm wanting something new that is slip on and that will work with these headers ..might just have to stick with my old cans..who knows..

Comment

Define "damaged." Yoshimura still sells all the separate parts to rebuild the RS-3. You can buy a set of bolt on mufflers (used would be cheaper), then all you'd need are the slip on inlet end with baffle to easily convert them for a full system. There's also a thread on here somewhere about making an adapter to use bolt on mufflers with a full system. Otherwise, Yoshimura sells (as do other manufacturers) any number of other mufflers that will work with their old system, just need to make sure you have the correct diameter inlet for the mids.

These aren't listed on their web site, you have to call and ask. Helps to have the part numbers. Prices have probably changed by now.
          https://www.tlplanet.com/forum/main-...ura-rs-3-parts
          Last edited by actls; 01-15-2019, 10:40 PM.
          People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

Just read that link you posted..thank you!.super information..that is what I will do..

Comment

If that doesn't work for you, let me know. I believe I have enough parts in the garage to build two slip on cans with SS sleeves. Everything would be new except the outlet ends, the new sleeves were drilled for the newer square badges (which I have somewhere).
              People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

Working...
              X