• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc5

Is anyone in here running a pc5? I was thinking of picking one up

Not going to be a plug and play.
    The norm is a PC3.
    Wait for if someone found a way (doughtful).

Comment

Originally posted by twin2 View Post
      Not going to be a plug and play.
      The norm is a PC3.
      Wait for if someone found a way (doughtful).
      Actually, Dynojet says the PC5 is now available for both the TLR and the TLS.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...mdl=174&yr=832
      January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

That's a little good news.
        Thanks Six
        Double Trouble - Two Black 98 TLSs

Full Yosh RS3 CF, Ohlins/Bitubo SOAS, R-Tech GV & 1kgs/7.5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Earls SS, Air box mod/TLR T,OR /PAIRed, Flashed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, 17-39

M4/Yosh RS3 Ti, Traxx. R1 05/Bitubo SOAS/Ziggy's RHA, Attack Racing triples/Ohlins R&T FG838 forks/5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Nissin rear/Earls SS/Galfer, Sam's+STM slipper, AB mod/TLR BM & T,OR/PAIRed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, PVM rims/DSMQ2/190-55/Gilles adj/17-40

Comment

You need an autotune to go with it to make it worthwhile
          PM speedking for a price
          www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
          But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Do you have is contact info by any chance?

Comment

PM to Speedking, right here on the Planet.
              "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

That's good news indeed !!!

Sooooo now I just need a 1000$ (Just a joke, not actual price.)
                Last edited by twin2; 03-29-2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

While looking at this, I've always wondereds how far does the oxigen sensor protrude inside the headers, Ive never seen one up close....
                  I'm just thinking how does it not create restriction ?

And do the instrution tell where to put them on the yosh headers !

Comment

You will need to weld in 2 lambda bosses 18mm x 1.5mm. There are some good ones on Ebay out of the UK, with a curve cut out in the back to match the pipe. Mark the exhaust when its on the bike and find a place where you can have access to the sensors about 12 inches or so plus, back from head. Just need to place the boss before any joins or merges where the two headers come together.
                    Front pipe will be easier than the rear. The sensor part is not that big in the pipe.
                    Last edited by Bill R; 03-29-2019, 03:38 PM.

Full Yosh RS3 CF, Ohlins/Bitubo SOAS, R-Tech GV & 1kgs/7.5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Earls SS, Air box mod/TLR T,OR /PAIRed, Flashed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, 17-39

M4/Yosh RS3 Ti, Traxx. R1 05/Bitubo SOAS/Ziggy's RHA, Attack Racing triples/Ohlins R&T FG838 forks/5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Nissin rear/Earls SS/Galfer, Sam's+STM slipper, AB mod/TLR BM & T,OR/PAIRed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, PVM rims/DSMQ2/190-55/Gilles adj/17-40

Comment

Heres an Aprilia Arrow system of mine that is on my track bike, with the bosses added to give you an idea.P1010019 (2).JPG
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bill R; 03-29-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill R View Post
                        You will need to weld in 2 lambda bosses 18mm x 1.5mm. There are some good ones on Ebay out of the UK, with a curve cut out in the back to match the pipe. Mark the exhaust when its on the bike and find a place where you can have access to the sensors about 12 inches or so plus, back from head. Just need to place the boss before any joins or merges where the two headers come together.
                        Front pipe will be easier than the rear. The sensor part is not that big in the pipe.

Thanks, understood.

I still feel that care must be taken so the sensor does not penetrate to far in.
                        Like on the arrow there is a spacer...
                        I feel that these sensors where developed for cars, and them having up to 5" diameter pipes, the sensors can't impede flow on that big a pipe.
                        Just a feeling.

Comment

What you see on my Arrow is the threaded bosses that I bought off ebay (Giamoto) and then added. In the picture they are fitted with Akra plugs.
                          I put the bosses in for dyno tuning and the future possibility of a PC5.
                          In my case I run a PC3 usb only because I had one already and spent the $$ on the dyno to get a custom map.
                          I have a brand new PC3 usb for my TLS but are now tempted to sell it and get a PC5.
                          Last edited by Bill R; 03-30-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

A quick search shows that this is a thing.. so no worries for avoiding obstructions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O2-OXYGEN-S...-/141410935430

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heat-O2-Oxy...75.c100623.m-1

Comment

Additionally;

Regular spacers should not be a problem.
                              Some try to pass emissions with big spacer or a cheater one that as a small hole in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPAYgYQv1Y

A comment; Moose Man
                              The spacers work by taking the sensor out of the exhaust stream and only sampling just a little exhaust to make it think the cat is working properly. The spacers you put in were too short. You either have to get longer ones or double them up. Real O2 sensor spacers (or cheaters as I call them) just have a small hole to allow just a little exhaust into the sensor. The spark plug defoulers are too small and have to be drilled out to allow the sensor to go in it. If using defoulers, you have to double them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X