New to the TL club and looking for tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the TL club and looking for tips

Hi everybody in TLplanet. I own a 02 TLR custom cafe and was looking making more mods. The only thing left original on the bike is the frame, swing arm, tank, engine and rims. Has GSXR front end with r6 calipers. Custom tail and seat. Ducati monster headlight and more cosmetics. Performance wise I have K&N air filter without the top of the air box. Also modified it for more air. Pcv with a dynojet map. Roland sands exhaust. TRE. I would put more pictures up but it won't let me. I been reading and theres a couple of mods I would like to do.

1. + mod. If anybody sells them would love to buy it. sounds like a great mod to do and must have.

2. Read about the clock mod and I think it requires a gsxr speedo. If it has same mounting screws I would like try it because my has a custom bracket. And more info on it cause I want to sure on the years.

3. I been thinking of putting velocity stacks straight to the throttle bodies. Have to find where I can get them made or what bike has similar so I can just buy them.

I WOULD LOVE ANY INFO OR SUGGESTIONS HOW TO DO THEM, WHERE TO FIND THEM. OR EVEN BETTER OTHER MODS.

Attached Files

Welcome to the planet Cassano81!

That's a nice looking custom TLR you got going there!

At one point, brainless sold a Plus Mod kit. You might send him a p.m. to see if that is still the case.

https://www.tlplanet.com/forum/the-w...s-plus-mod-kit

As for the GSXR clock conversion, there are a number of options you can take. There are at least two threads on this forum addressing that modification. JoE. is the expert. Do a search for the threads and let us know if you need any further help. I think the bolt pattern is different between GSXR and TLR, but don't quote me.
    Last edited by Six5; 03-30-2019, 05:07 PM.
    January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Six5. The reason y I got into TLplanet is because of Brainless. My bike left me on the side of the freeway because my relay connector burned up. I bought it of him and became a member. I did ask him about it and he told me he used to make them but not anymore. I will look into it more and the gsxr speedo also. Any other recommendations for the TLR. Mods or must dos. I'd appreciate it. I love seeing other peoples bike and learning what they do to them.

Comment

I think I said I needed to find the template. I moved since the last time I made a +Mod.

I'll keep you posted.
        Brainless AT earthling DOT net
        "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
        Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
        Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
        Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

Ok. Thanks alot

Comment

Working...
          X