Replacing fork springs question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing fork springs question

I am in the process of replacing the springs in my forks and have noticed something that doesn't make sense based on information I've seen for fork rebuild info. My current forks have RaceTech 1.0 (or higher) springs, and I am replacing with stock springs (due to my weight) from some spare stock forks. I have noticed that the spring spacer is the same length in both my current and the other forks....BUT the RaceTech springs are about an 1" longer than the stock springs. Does this mean that the spacer on the RaceTech springs was never cut down to account for the added length?
    Thanks,
    Dean

'97 TL1000s - Custom Paint, RaceTech fork internals, Bitubo rear shock, upgraded 6-piston front calipers, EBC brake pads, braided steel brake lines, Paoli steering stabilizer, LSL frame sliders, Indigo high-mount carbon fiber exhaust pipes, double-bubble windscreen, K&N air filter, Hayabusa bolts, Skene Design LED running lights, headlight wiring mod, in-line fuel filter, t-stat mod, Brainless' starter relay connector.

No. As far as I understand race tech springs need to be preloaded check of a lot more than stock.
    Brainless AT earthling DOT net
    "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
    Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
    Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
    Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

Working...
    X