Heli bar alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heli bar alternative?

i was toying with the idea of doing a handlebar conversion, but I like the lines of the bike too much to cut the fairings.
    Is there an alternative to the no longer produced heli bars?
    Would the Hayabusa heli bars work?
    thanks for any insight
    ​​​​​​-Dave

https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/produc.../hand-controls

Other companies make similar, I have the Woodcraft 1' rise for my TLS.

And welcome
    People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

Hey , thanks ac! Thatís what I was looking for! Does the 1 inch rise seem to make a difference?

Comment

TLS bars have a drop of about 12 1/2 degrees.
        Woodcraft as with most other clipons have a drop of about 7 degrees
        Heli Bars have even less drop and are longer. (Did have 2 sets of Heli Bars, sold them both a few months ago.)
        It's not only about the rise but also the angle of the bars, which affects the end bar height and comfort.
        Run Woodcraft on my Mille R with a 1 inch rise, Would also put them on my TLS's should the need arise.
        P1010020 (2).JPG
        Last edited by Bill R; 08-13-2019, 05:29 PM.
        Double Trouble - Two Black 98 TLSs

Full Yosh RS3 CF, Ohlins/Bitubo SOAS, R-Tech GV & 1kgs/7.5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Earls SS, Air box mod/TLR T,OR /PAIRed, Flashed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, 17-39

M4/Yosh RS3 Ti, Traxx. R1 05/Bitubo SOAS/Ziggy's RHA, Attack Racing triples/Ohlins R&T FG838 forks/5wt/Ohlins SD, 19RCS/Nissin 6 pots/Nissin rear/Earls SS/Galfer, Sam's+STM slipper, AB mod/TLR BM & T,OR/PAIRed, Matt's TRE-3, R-man's 1/5th, PVM rims/DSMQ2/190-55/Gilles adj/17-40

Comment

Originally posted by Dcycleman View Post
          Hey , thanks ac! Thatís what I was looking for! Does the 1 inch rise seem to make a difference?

I probably should've asked if you have an S or R. As Bill said, on the S the angle with a 1" rise is the biggest difference. as the stock bars have around a 1" rise. On the R I believe they will still be flatter than stock, but obviously taller. The nice thing about the Woodcraft, if you want it taller/shorter all you have to replace is the riser. My S has been a work in progress for many years with little left on it as it left the factory, so I can't really compare just one part of the bike to stock and say whether that one thing made a difference (or not). We've had no rise heli bars on our 99 R1 since 2004ish, made a huge difference in comfort and still does.

People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

I like APEX, decent quality

Comment

Thanks for the replies, do you think the woodcraft with 1.5 inch rise would fit without any trimming?

Comment

Working...
              X