No announcement yet.

US Citizen kills biker in UK; claims Diplomatic Immunity and leaves the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizen kills biker in UK; claims Diplomatic Immunity and leaves the country

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

Just read this on another forum; it's become a low level news story over here. I'm sure if it was anyone of fame or notoriety it would be being made more of but, if it were you, could you live with yourself??
    Last edited by popes996; 10-05-2019, 11:32 AM.
    Buying: Its a cult bike Sir, the prices have stayed high.........

Selling: Its a niche bike Sir, the prices have dropped with its popularity..........

Unfortunately, this happens more often than you might think. If it doesn't involve a death you probably won't hear about it though. I understand why the diplomatic immunity thing exists, but it makes one wonder if it doesn't need some fixing. Allowing a person to escape intentional or negligent acts just isn't right.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

I find diplomatic immunity to be completely B.S., for any country. This woman should have to face justice in the UK, not doubt about it!!!

Comment

Agreed. Extradition for any violent crime should be granted.
        You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

I live in the UK and it's still big news over here. She turned out of the base on the wrong side of the road..... then fled the scene. Poor family. Trump advised by Pompeo to say she's not coming back. Full story... https://news.sky.com/story/harry-dun...-says-11831935

image_29355.pngimage_29356.png
          TL1000RY

Comment

Working...
          X