X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced my Chain guide and bike wont go into gear

So i removed the clutch pushrod and front sprocket cover

placed the chain guide in

replaced the cover and clutch pushrod BUT and here is the stupid part i didnt put the pushrod in first i left it on the clutch assembly

and tightened it all down

Now when i try to tighten the bolts the clutch assembly block doesnt tighten down all the way

AHHHH

by Clutch assembly i mean the Slave Cylinder..... I also squeezed the Clutch probably 5 or 6 times to try and put it in Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Doolicious_R View Post
      Now when i try to tighten the bolts the clutch assembly block (slave cyl) doesnt tighten down all the way

Sounds like you are missing the spacer between the slave cylinder and the engine case.
      January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

Is there a small one

i habe the one on the left

Its almost like it doesn’t want to tighten down correctly.

Almost like there is something in the way now

Comment

Fuck me!!!!

it kept feeling like the right side had something in the way and wouldn’t tighten down so I sprayed all the bolts down
          I sprayed in all of the holes made sure everything was clean

Tested both bolts and realized I probably had the wrong bolt on the right side but when I checked yesterday the bolt wouldn’t fit into the spacer because it was a little dirty

I am an idiot
          Last edited by Jeff; 10-07-2019, 09:47 AM. Reason: Fixed the "banghead" for you. No use letting it make you look even dumber. :lol

Comment

Awe

Comment

Alright so everything is back on but she won’t go into gear... I have to assume the clutch needs to be bled

however upon pulling the clutch lever it’s Very tight. Is that normal

Comment

however upon pulling the clutch lever it's very tight. Is that normal
                Not normal for the lever to be very tight. Especially since you still have the hydraulic clutch. Something is binding or not aligned properly.

Comment

What would I need to check? I just pulled off the

slave cylinder
                  plastic guard for front sprocket

pulled the rear wheel to make the chain loose

Comment

What would I need to check? ......
                    Prior to this exercise, everything worked properly? The transmission shifted okay?

Might have the push rod become bent when the slave cylinder was initially not installed properly?

When you say it "won't go into gear," is that with the engine running or not?
                    Will it shift into gear with the engine off, and the bike is on a stand, while simply rotating the rear wheel?

Comment

So since I put the slave cylinder on wrong the first time I think it gave the piston in the slave cylinder room to extend out when I used the clutch to try and go into gear

that being said

i opened the bladder valve and squished he piston. i closed and tightened the bleed valve and voila all the room that I needed and the bike shifted into gear after all was said and done

now to get my mitt-vac and change the fluid

Comment

i opened the bladder valve and squished he piston. i closed and tightened the bleed valve and voila all the room that I needed and the bike shifted into gear after all was said and done
                        So then, apparently the system was pressurized and was keeping the clutch fully disengaged. That's why your lever action was so stiff.

Before you call this issue "fixed," inspect the master cylinder pressure release orifice. It may be clogged, or maybe the lever isn't allowing the Piston to retract far enough, thus keeping the vent hole covered. The fluid that you released with the bleed valve should have normally gone back into the reservoir by itself - due to the clutch springs pushing back on the clutch rod and slave cylinder. This should have moved the fluid back upstream and into the reservoir once the lever was released.
                        Last edited by Six5; 10-09-2019, 06:25 AM. Reason: Spelling error - my tablet can't spell. ;)

Comment

Is there a write up is some sort for that? I’ve had lots of issues with that stupid clutch in the past

i have just Over 84000 miles on the bike
                          Last edited by Doolicious_R; 10-09-2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X