98 TLR race bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 TLR race bike?

Just purchased my second tl1000r and was told the bike was built by Greg Spears racing out of California. Anyone have any information on the company? I believe it has web cams and high compression pistons etc. also running velocity stacks with no air box. I have had a tl before with a pc3 and Yoshi Cans and this thing would eat it alive, definitely not stock. Anyways any information on the company or any idea what they could have done internally would be awesome. I’ll attach some pics of the bike. Thanks!!

Spears Racing should still be around, I think he got in to SV650's, but he did sell TL engine parts back in the day. Seemed like a nice guy, I talked to him a long time ago, but I'm sure he would be glad to tell you about that motor.
    Vanzuki.com - Click the banner below, to see what I have for your bike.

Comment

Spears Enterprises / Spears Racing World Headquarters, Manteca, California. 1.1K likes. Gregg Spears is the team manager and President/Founder.
      "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

Super nice guy. His builds are fast , race against them in AFM back in the day. Shoot him a call , He'd enjoy listening to where one of his bikes ended up at .

Comment

1 post from the OP, and we never hear form him again. I want o know what happened.
          "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

Working...
          X