starting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting issues

How do you get the starter relay off of the battery? it sets in that rubber boot, it won't budge.

Welcome to the forum.

The 2 sleeves in the rubber boot highlighted in the photos slide over 2 prongs on a bracket that holds the starter relay. Carefully work the rubber boot over those prongs and it should release.

Screenshot_20200705-054946_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200705-055013_Gallery.jpg
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

Morning. I bought a 2000 model TL1000R and got an issue. Drove and the bike just died. I found that the fuse at the starter relay was blown. I replaced it and the bike displays CHECK on the cluster. I resetted it and got a C23 Tip over sensor. Fixed it and the bike started again. Yesterday i drove and the bike just died again. I replaced the fuse and started the bike up and it ran for a few seconds and blew the fuse again. This happened with 4 fuses (20amp) and then i inserted a 30amp fuse and the bike did nothing. I pushed the start button and no noise or anything from the starter and it keeps on displaying CHECK on the cluster. This time it does not want to reset and show a error code. It's my first Suzuki and i love the bike. Any assistance will be highly appreciated. Thank you. Riaan.

Comment

Working...
      X