block off plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block off plates?

Where can I pick up some up and how much? Wasn't sure if someone made them here on the board or not....

Thanks!

krissnett.com go to the for sale section....something like 15 bux...

Comment

theres a pair on e-bay right now
      Ohlins rear,Hyperpro/Traxton front, PCII,6-pot front w/SS lines, Airbox mod, High mount exhaust, Clear tailight, Sliders, Carbon front/Hugger, Scotts, Helibars, K+n, Manuall fan sw, EBC HH Pads, 17/42, O2 Sensor w/gauge....list goes on

Comment

time

I hear the install time is a biatch though. Just be prepared.
        I know nothing about bikes.

Comment

What are they
          If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=firebrick]
          Show Mods: HammerIt TLR/R Fairing, Tail and Undertail, Hugger and Fender * Custom

Comment

Get ready for a few hours of work. Front plate is cake, rear plate is a pain. I had to remove the damper, rear header, sprocket cover and left rear set (dropped nuts). You have to reach up through the swinger to get to the nuts for the rear plate. If you drop anything it will fall ontop of the chain or the sprocket. If you are a super tuner you can keep the PAIR hardlines for A/F ratio checks.
            Don't know how it works? Take it apart and find out!

Pictures

Here's how it sounds.

Comment

Gearwrench
              I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Gearwrench, you lost me!?

Comment

It's a combination wrench that ratchets in the box end section. Very thin and very fine ratcheting action. Perfect for fitting in behind stuff, and invaluable in removing my rear pairvalve tube. Saved me hours of cussing..

http://www.toolscomplete.com/g/GearW..._Set_48432.htm
                  I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Gearwrenches kick ass, I have a set at home and everyone in the shop at work has them...I've only broken one in the past two years....great quality for a Taiwanese made tool and they were like $80 a set
                    "I might just fade into Bolivion"~Mike Tyson

Comment

I have set of those too, but I like to do things the hard way. Straight 10mm box end and a lot of cursing. I really had no problems gettin the nuts off, its just gettin everything back on without dropping it. Im diving into Barnett Clutch springs tonight, I just need to motivate myself.

Pictures

Here's how it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Schussboelie
                        What are they
                        and could someone give a little more explanation of the whole pair valve removal..i.e. why and what to expect? increased performance? decreased? why was it put there in the 1st place?

i know i could search but...ummm...i'm a lazy bastid

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
                        "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
                        -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

It's there to help the bike pass emissions laws.. It has the extra "feature" of causing some bikes to backfire.

Comment

Gearwrench, no $hit, I had them and didn't even know they were called that!! LMAO!!!! I picked up a set of metric ones from Lowes or Home Depot for $25!!! They work great! Looks like I'll be breaking those bad boys out for this project!!

Comment

PAIR valve adds fresh air from the air box to the exhaust (actually the head) to decrease emissions. This eliminated most of the backfiring, still a small leak off the rear header. There is no preformance gain other than weight loss. I love it my other bike backfires, but not my tiller.

You'll have to prop the tank, take the air box off, and it is on the left side of the bike next to the engine. Four lines go to it, three large rubber lines, and one small rubber line. Small rubber line goes to the rear throttle body. One large line goes to the air box and the other two travel to a hard line. The hard line then goes the the engine right next to the header. This is where the block off plates go, if you choose to install them. All lines must be capped in some manner. Becareful to fully seat the throttle body o-rings during reinstallation of the airbox. Do the TPS while you are at it.

Pictures

Here's how it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X