Front tire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tire ?

I am a proud owner of a prestine 97 TLS. I've been lurking here for some time here and I have to say GREAT site!!!! I did alot of research befor buying the TLS...my first twin!

Anyway, I got a deal on the bike and it needs tires. The thing is, I really didn't pay that much attention to the sizing that was on it. The rear is correct 190/50 but the front is a small 110/70. I did a search and a a 120/70 is stock right?
    What kind of improvement should I get out of the right sized front, and a 180/55 rear?
    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it!"
    97 TLS Custom Blue and White,sprockets, homemade cans, airbox mod, switchable TRE

let me be the 1st to welcome you to da planet and congrats on the bike. yepper, stock for the front is a 120/70. going to that size will add stability but will slow turn in a tad. put the 120/70 on the front, especially if you are going 180/55 on the rear, since this will make turn in easier

here is a real good thread on this very subject:
    clicky my clicky

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
    "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
    -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

Yeah what ever he said

and Croseo
      A pat on the back is only a few centimetres from a kick in the butt

Comment

Stick with the standard front size for sure. Try and avoid mixing and matching too. i.e use M1's front and rear etc.

And of course Welcome
        "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!

Yes, please get yourself a 120/70 front as soon as you can.
          Your Friend in Sport,

Edwin

Comment

Yeah, another "S" on the board...

Just a few mods:

Silver, the fastest color!

On the inside - HID type bulbs, K&N filter, Iridium ix plugs, 16T front sprocket, Coerce billet sprocket cover, Yosh re-map +5, +5, +5 11 o'clock, Scorpio SE-i500 system from my GB and an ATRE.

On the outside - TLR forks, front carbon fender, 5/8th master brake cylinder, black SS brake lines (frnt & rear), braking waves all around with Ti bolts, Brembo gold front calipers & a busa gold rear caliper, flush mount signals (frnt & rear), ZG DB scr

Comment

welcome dude

another '97 tillis on the board, yippeeee

now WHERE ARE THOSE PICS?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS
                Stick with the standard front size for sure. Try and avoid mixing and matching too. i.e use M1's front and rear etc.

And of course Welcome
                Mixing and Matching is not that bad.... Its all personal preference..
                www.sportbiketracktime.com
                Southern Division Coach

Comment

Definitely a personal preference

My personal preference is having profiles that complement each other. Having grip that doesn't want to provoke lowsides or highsides due to mix matched compounds and or grip.
                  "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll post some pics ASAP...
                    "Ain't nothing to it but to do it!"
                    97 TLS Custom Blue and White,sprockets, homemade cans, airbox mod, switchable TRE

Comment

welcome
                      [email protected]

Comment

mixing COMPOUNDS is a matter of personal preference, mixing PROFILES is kinda nuts

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
                        "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
                        -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

RIP Ron
                          Sept. 12 2004

Comment

Working...
                          X