Kevlar brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevlar brake lines

I see many are running the stainless lines. Anyone tried the kevlar lines that LP sells?
    Full Yosh - PCII - K&N - Protek rear sets - Joe V mod - Pair Valve removed - Mobil 1 Synthetic - Shaved subframe - BRG 1/5 throttle - Yellow windscreen - Ministalk signals - Hugger - Manual fan switch - TRE - Gap mod with custom tray - GPS - Krisnett spools - Subrame raised 3/4" - 12 volt plug - Rear brake reservoir in tail - M1 Metzlers - Powerlet lead - Extended drain hose - Quick release seat & tank - Top gun undertail with clear lenses - Clock/Thermometer - License plate on swingarm - Belly

I am running Kevlar Goodridge lines.. Very nice. Work great, and look nice too!
    I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Not sure what kevlar lines LP sells, but I've been using Goodridge kevlar lines for a few months now. They're holding up extremely well.

Comment

Thats the ones. I think I'm going to order the full set; front, rear, and clutch.
        Full Yosh - PCII - K&N - Protek rear sets - Joe V mod - Pair Valve removed - Mobil 1 Synthetic - Shaved subframe - BRG 1/5 throttle - Yellow windscreen - Ministalk signals - Hugger - Manual fan switch - TRE - Gap mod with custom tray - GPS - Krisnett spools - Subrame raised 3/4" - 12 volt plug - Rear brake reservoir in tail - M1 Metzlers - Powerlet lead - Extended drain hose - Quick release seat & tank - Top gun undertail with clear lenses - Clock/Thermometer - License plate on swingarm - Belly

Comment

The downside to Kevlar lines versus stainless is that Kevlar does expand more. Both are an improvement over stock, however.
          Kim
          CCS AM #507
          Twilight Racing
          Special thanks to: Visionsports, Suomy Helmets, Learning Curves, Lockhart-Phillips, SliderPhoto, Spyder Leather Works, MotoSliders,SportBikeMike, Polar Optics LLC

Comment

And they come with neat aluminum anodized banjo bolts too!
            I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

What is the advantage to kevlar over stainless in this application?
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by danny never
                What is the advantage to kevlar over stainless in this application?
                Personal preference.

Comment

I can get the full set (front,rear,clutch) in kevlar but can not find the clutch line in stainless. I want the whole set to match. Has anyone found one in ss?

Would'nt kevlar be lighter? I know we are only talking a slight amount but ?

Comment

Originally posted by 03TILLER
                    I can get the full set (front,rear,clutch) in kevlar but can not find the clutch line in stainless. I want the whole set to match.
                    yep... that's what I did too. All goodridge from parts411. Be careful with the clutch line though. Check out this thread. BTW they screwed up the second time too and instead of 4 bolts they sent only 2 (a finer and a coarser one). They got it right the 3rd time (I just needed one bolt with the coarse thread).
                    vas

Comment

I use braided stainless steel front and rear brake and clutch lines from Fastline. I got mine from Starcycle, USA. I love 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by TLRipley
                        I use braided stainless steel front and rear brake and clutch lines from Fastline. I got mine from Starcycle, USA. I love 'em!
                        Thanks, I'll check those out too....

Comment

Good info. I thought kevlar was better than ss lines. Little did I know.
                          Can't someone get a groupbuy on Stainless Steel Brake Lines?
                          I know nothing about bikes.

Comment

kneedraggers.com sells the spiegler set, its top notch, i used to have it...

waiting for my carbon lines to show up, anyday now, right edwin

i'll give the report on those.

-

Comment

Originally posted by KBOlsen
                              The downside to Kevlar lines versus stainless is that Kevlar does expand more. Both are an improvement over stock, however.
                              Not according to LP:

KEVLAR BRAKE AND CLUTCH LINE KITS
                              Braided Kevlar Teflon hose with trick crimped aluminum ends make these lines the best you can buy. The Kevlar braided hose prevents expansion even more than stainless steel, for a positive feel on the lever. Vinyl coating looks great and protects the lines from abrasion.
                              vas

Comment

Working...
                              X