• Show
Clear All

• 03TILLER
    replied
    I may have to try that........

Leave a comment:

• kevh
    replied
    if you are consistently getting false neutrals between 4th and 5th or 5th and 6th, try lowering your shift lever. helps you to make a more positive shift. the r1 (98 and 99 anyway) was friggin terrible for false neutrals and this helped alot

Leave a comment:

• TL_Music
    replied
    I had an '01 TLR (before it was stolen and wrecked) that had a real problem shifting. Super Clunky. I would miss shifts constantly especially 4 to 5 and 5-6. It got so bad from 5-6 that I pretty much stopped using 6th gear all together. My dealer told me it was because the R's gearbox was bulletproof. Whatever. The other side of this is that a friend bought another TLR a couple days later and never had any trouble. So, I racked it up to be a quality control issue on Suzuki's part. Some are ok other aren't.....but this wouldn't explain why it was ok then suddenly not.

Shift harder?

Leave a comment:

• 03TILLER
    replied
    Last night on my way home (1500 miles on bike) I was driving easy in traffic and ended up between gears twice! Never done that before. I think between third and fourth or fourth and fifth. Let the clutch out and nothing, just like neutral. Maybe just not shifting aggresive enough while putting in traffic but to do it twice?

Leave a comment:

• kevh
    replied
    loose shifter linkage or loose rearset bracket can cause the shift rod and little end piece to bind up a little causing it to feel clunky too

Leave a comment:

• jasonstiller
    replied
    i just changed my oil 1000 miles ago. but i do lube my chain every 300 miles so mabey that could be it. but its weird cause it all of the sudden did it.

Leave a comment:

• wreckah
    replied
    blown off chainol and crud building up near the front sprocket is also pretty nasty for smooth gearbox-action...

Leave a comment:

• tl1000s
    replied

When oil breaks down, it makes shifting harder.

Leave a comment:

• _2002TLRJAY_
    replied
    oil change recently?

Leave a comment:

• jasonstiller
    started a topic clunky shifter?!

clunky shifter?!

when i rode home to work i didnt notice anything but when i went out later that nite the shifter felt real clunky kachunk in every gear it seemed. it seemed like i had to give more effort in upshifting too. i have 4800 miles on my 03 i dont wheelie i dont burn out i just ride fast 3/4 of the time
Working...
X