This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compatible Parts List Database?

Sorry for the doble queation(the phones fault)

Comment

• Re: Compatible Parts List Database?

Cheked on the site they seem to be compatible. Thanks CrashB, they have the same code.

Comment

• Anyone know what other triple trees will fit on a 1997 tl1000s?? Just got one and it's busted on it

Comment

• What's broken? I might still have the triples off my old TLS in the garage. I'll look tomorrow.
          People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

• Originally posted by Juzz View Post
            Re: Compatible Parts List Database?

CBR1000RR Clutch Reservoir for TLR. Also seen an older Bandit with one aswell.
            Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Juzz View Post
              Re: Compatible Parts List Database?

CBR1000RR Clutch Reservoir for TLR. Also seen an older Bandit with one aswell.
              I have confirmed that the 98-2007 CBR1000R Clutch Master Reservoir tank is a a direct replacement for the TL1000R

Comment

• Fifteen pages of looking and if its posted I missed it. Will a TLS header fit a TLR? Im going to have to fabricate exhaust hangers regardless but will the TLS pipes actually fit my TLR?
                much appreciated

Comment

• Yesterday I just purchased a 08 GSXR 1000 Nissin Hydraulic Master cylinder for my TLS hydraulic clutch conversion. fits up.

Comment

• There is something on this list I'd like to point out that is not necessarily incorrect, but suggests something that is incorrect.

It states for the front fender that the TLS = TLR.

This is not 100% true. I understand that this list is intended to be a compatibility list, and it is true that they are 100% compatible as a bolt-on fit, but the way it is written suggests that they are exactly the same in every respect; which is not true.

So in short, I think it should read:

"TLS & TLR are interchangeable, but have cosmetic differences"

... or something similar.

I think this is an important distinction to make, because if someone is in the market for a replacement fender, they should be aware that there are differences they need to be aware of, or they're going to be pissed when they find out.

If you don't know what those differences are and want a boring waffling explanation, I am your man; read on (aka.... if you hate long posts, stop reading here)

If you closely compare each side by side there are some subtle design differences that actually make a visual difference on the bike.

The obvious difference is that the lowest bolt hole has a swept-back cut-out on the TLR version, where as the TLS version just has a round cut-out for that bolt hole.

But another more striking difference is that if you look at the L-shaped curve from that same bolt hole around to the leading edge (point of the nose) of the fender (viewed from side-on), the TLS has a more gentle rounded arc (and I think the nose is shorter and more blunt-looking), where as the TLR has a distinctly more angular acute L-shape to it. I think also, but I'm not sure, the shoulders that jut out to the sides in that area are also more angular and pronounced in the TLR.

The third big difference, which is also very striking on the bike, is back down at the lowest point of the fender (back down at that bottom hole) where it is more angular, more pointed, and longer on the TLR than the TLS which is shorter and not as striking.

I think there are also some even more subtle differences here and there that are not worth blabbering on about here.

All in all, the TLR is a more angular, aggressive, and bold design; where as the TLS is a softer, more rounded and understated design.

I know this well, because when I bought my TLR it, for some reason, came with a TLS fender, and it has been bugging me ever since, lol.

Comment

• 2004 gsx-r shift lever and linkage is a direct fit. I swapped mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X