Gear Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Question

Well it's that time wear I need to by a jacket and I was wondering which one to get...

Leather?
    Textile/kevlar/gortex?
    or the misxture of textile and leather?

I would like to find a model which is a good bang for the bucks but is not to flashy...like I'm some kind racer, hehe...

I'm looking for either all black or black with some blue...

Anyone have comment or feedback on somoe models, or maybe recommendations?

thanks
    ========
    Honda's are like a padded bra....all show no go!!

Winter jacket or riding jacket.
    "Damn... my brain just stopped"

Comment

I would go with all leather and something that has the full zipper around the bottom for pants.
      RIP Ron
      Sept. 12 2004

Comment

i dont have pants yet, but hopefully i will this winter...

Comment

Anything leather, stay away from textiles or you'll freeze.

Vanson is the best, but they are also expensive. Check out Alpinestars, nice gear and the prices are pretty reasonable.
          TLOTM:
          May 2003
          August 2004

Comment

I heard that leather was really warm in the summer!! hehe...
            ========
            Honda's are like a padded bra....all show no go!!

Comment

Would rather feel the burn of the sun than the burn of the pavement.

Funny how Leathers will burn you up in the summer but don't do shit to keep you warm in the winter.
              RIP Ron
              Sept. 12 2004

Comment

i just put my liner in my rocket and its mega toasty. ive tested it in 40 f weather.
                Sebimoto Carbonfiber Bodywork, Zero Gravity D/B dark tinted screen, Carbo tech C/F frame guards, C/F look levers, black Spider grips, M4 Full system (alum), PC2, Light tech C/F mirrors, GeeLong C/F tank protector, 520 Conversion W/ Gold RK chain and 16/40 stealth sprockets, Pedros Gear Position Indicator, Fan switch, Airbox lid.....REMOVED, Probolt Fasteners all Gold. Spare Set of AMA's Larry Pegram #72 bodywork, Gold clear clutch cover, Galfer rear wave rotor, Pro-Tek Rearsets, Flycal6 quick release tank and seat pins, in the black frame club, Vandrivers coerce style sprocket guard, and a killer TLR keychain

Comment

I have the Joe Rocket Highside 2 piece and love it. When unzipped the jacket works well on its own. Some two pieces unzipped the jacket is too short. It is too warm for around town or extreme heat in the summer but is perfect fall and winter. I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket for my summer riding (you can get the liner for fall weather but if its going to be cool I just wear leather). I doubt it has the protection of the leather but its the only way to go here in New Orleans during the summer. Both of these come in all black or black and blue. You can get a 2003 two piece Highside right now for under $400. Its a very nice suit for that money. Phoenix jacket can be had for around $100. Its hard not to have multiple weights of gear for different seasons. One thing you might look at I have heard for 2004 Joe Rocket will have a jacket that goes from summer to winter by zipping in different parts. Just my .02...

P.S. Bought my Highside in like new condition on E-bay for $140!
                  Full Yosh - PCII - K&N - Protek rear sets - Joe V mod - Pair Valve removed - Mobil 1 Synthetic - Shaved subframe - BRG 1/5 throttle - Yellow windscreen - Ministalk signals - Hugger - Manual fan switch - TRE - Gap mod with custom tray - GPS - Krisnett spools - Subrame raised 3/4" - 12 volt plug - Rear brake reservoir in tail - M1 Metzlers - Powerlet lead - Extended drain hose - Quick release seat & tank - Top gun undertail with clear lenses - Clock/Thermometer - License plate on swingarm - Belly

Comment

a guy i know took a 30mph tumble with a textile jacket,,
                    (good make, with armour etc)..

it almost ripped a full arm off the jacket....the only time i would wear one of those,,,would be over the top of my leathers
                    "Sorry Officer ! I thought you wanted to race"

Comment

Checkout www.newenough.com and try to pick up a two piece suit, that way you can just wear the jacket if you want!

Comment

My Joe Rocket Blaster is pretty nice. They make pretty decent stuff that doesn't hurt the wallet too bad...
                        RIP - The Pig (Stolen July 2006)

Comment

Working...
                        X