Yosh Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yosh Exhaust Question

I have Yosh Ti RS3 slip ons and I was thinking about resleeving them in Carbon Fiber. One reason I want to do this is because I think they would look better and another is because the Ti isn't in the best shape and the pipes need a freshining up. Anyway, I contacted Yosh to see about resleeving them and they quoted me $240 per sleeve . Since I am not going to let them bang me in the ass with no lube I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on what else I could do to get CF sleeves (ie, making it myself, other companies that could do it etc). Any help would be appreciated.
    2003 Blue and White TL1000R (The faster colors) Yoshimura Ti Cans, TRE, Custom Homemade Fender Eliminator, Hammerit Carbon Look Intake Covers, PC II, Fan Switch Mod. Yellow Box, Nissin Brake Caliper and Goodridge SS Brake Lines.

They say that only the good die young, so I plan on living forevever.

#1 STUNT FORUM SUPPORTER

It might be cheaper to just get new cf bolt-ons and sell the old Ti's on ebay. Even if they're in bad shape, someone will buy them. Just my .02
    http://www.stud.ntnu.no/home/alexann
    If it doesn't make it go fast, stop fast or turn fast, it doesn't have it.
    lumbergh.jpg

Comment

buy some new CF cans for the same price as the sleeves. Then sell your Ti ones here for 300$

TLOTM:
      May 2003
      August 2004

Comment

for another 200 bones you can buy new carbon cans. why don't you just polish the shit out of the Ti ones you have.
        "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the inbetween is mine"

Comment

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/home/alexann
          If it doesn't make it go fast, stop fast or turn fast, it doesn't have it.
          lumbergh.jpg

Comment

if polishing is possible that is Powdercoating is the other most obvious option.
            Galfer braided lines throughout, ATRE, UFO tailight, ET79 Undertail and Hugger, 520 16/39 Gold Chain combo, Full Yosh C/F exhuast, Corbin seat, Ohlins Steering Damper, Ohlins Rear Suspension, Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen, Sylvania Superwhites, Yosh Box Remapped and all protected by GORILLA Alarm System

Comment

I agree with selling the Ti on Ebay and with the money from those, put it towards new CF cans
              SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
              Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

hmmm, joker, i didnt see that they looked poopy.....

Comment

Working...
                X