Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the best place to get stock fairings from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the best place to get stock fairings from?

I am convinced that ALL the Suzuki dealers here in Hawaii are idiots.

I am going on my third week of waiting for my fairings for my bike that were ordered the day after my crash, and I get a call from them today asking me "what parts do you need again?"

I couldn't believe it. I have been calling them every other day asking them if they could give me an ETA on the parts, and they kept telling me "we are working on it". Come to find out "working on it" meant looking up part #'s.

FUCKING IDIOTS.

So, since I am totally done with trying to support local business I would really appreciate if someone could suggest a good Suzuki dealership or warehouse (preferably on the West Coast) that I could get my parts from.

Thank you.
    Your Friend in Sport,

Edwin

www.ronayers.com

Comment

TLOTM:
      May 2003
      August 2004

Comment

Originally posted by HandJuice
        www.ronayers.com
        yup, call and ask for chip, or you can order online.
        "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the inbetween is mine"

Comment

I get all my OEM stuff from them.
          Can't beat the prices.
          I love that I can go on their site, punch in the part number I need and it's on the way

Comment

Thanks Fellas! I will check them out.

Cycle Sports in Hawaii sucks goat ass!!!!
            Your Friend in Sport,

Edwin

Comment

post some picts so no one has to say:

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

if you need some painter fairings, i have a set. some broken tabs though.

otherwise, what everyone else said. ronayers.com chip or jarrod should hook it up nice
                AFM #715
                Suomy, Leo Vince Exhausts, Stompgrip, Sidi/Motonation, Lockhart Philips, Sonny Engineering, RK Racing Chains, AFAM

Comment

Bahh, just get the Hammerit fairings
                  SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
                  Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

Come-on Edwin you can paint just buy some used ones for cheap and fix and paint them
                    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Comment

You're right River Rat, and it's in the plans...Kinda.

I wanna get her back to "stock" form, but will be getting another tank so I can custom paint another set. It'll be like I have 2 bikes! LOL!

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I got the quote from the Suzuki shop (finally) and even with their bogus 20% "discount" it was over $500.00 what ron ayers is asking shipping included.

$500.00!

That's what I mean about local dealers trying to rip us off every chance they get. Screw them. I am never gonna get anything from them again.
                      Your Friend in Sport,

Edwin

Comment

On a side note, If I needed more than just an upper and right middle fairing I would have tried the Hammerit TLR/R setup. But I just wanted to get ONE set of stock stuff, and am going to repair the broken panels and repaint them, after I buy another set of the left side fairings. Color don't matter, I am planning on doing something different.
                        Your Friend in Sport,

Edwin

Comment

I'm gonna have a leftover set as soon as I get my HammerIT stuff... Black '99 colours with some minor scrapes on it.

I guess maybe I might just hang on to it so as to have two sets, like you suggested Edwin.
                          Not sure yet though.

Selling them would provide me an oppurtunity to get a full exhaust system or a rear shock
                          If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=firebrick]
                          Show Mods: HammerIt TLR/R Fairing, Tail and Undertail, Hugger and Fender * Custom

Comment

You know what...You guys got me thinking... I am gonna price some of the Hammer-It stuff today. I just might paint my whole bike. It's a little sooner than I thought, and not as planned, but I may just do it.
                            Your Friend in Sport,

Edwin

Comment

There's a deal going on somewhere on this site (I think Group Buys) for HammerIT kits.

PM [email protected]
                              If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=firebrick]
                              Show Mods: HammerIt TLR/R Fairing, Tail and Undertail, Hugger and Fender * Custom

Comment

Working...
                              X