Tiny dent in front rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny dent in front rim

Crusing at about 20-25 mph on Sat night heading home to shower and get ready to start the boozing. Chicago side streets always seem to have a "Man made pot hole" that the city has created for no real reason other than to spend budgeted money. Well, I see a huge one and swerve to avoid it, only to go head on to an even bigger one. It was dark and the street was poor as far as lighting was concerned. Did my first real stoppie when the front hit and the rear raised. Not sure how you guys do those, freaked the hell outta me - Needless to say, small dent that does not seem to have caused a leak - How much to shops charge to fix something like this
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE!!"

How big is "tiny"? Best you take some pictures for us before you get the worthless sign.

How much "out of balance" does it feel like it has?

You might be better off jst scanning the "for sale" section rather than going for a repair, probably the better option in the end.
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

A mates bike had a sizable ding rolled out. it was about 3 inches long and maybe 1/4 of an inch deep, cost him $180 to have fixed like new (aussie dollars) so maybe $100 or so U.S.

But yeah kinda depends how big it is.

Comment

If its small, let it ride. I bent one of my rims awhile back and rode on it for half a year before decideing to buy the OZ wheels. Take it easy for awhile and check the pressure alot to ensure there is no leak. If there isnt , just keep an eye out on ebay/4sale and youll find one. No reason to blow alot of cash on a wheel. Wait for a deal. I just sold my front not too long ago for a decent price.

Comment

Sorry...had to do it
          Current Mods: 2001 RC-51

Comment

Ya know, I almost included that I am sans dig camera! It is not too big and not real deep. Maybe, just maybe 1/8th to 1/16th on an inch. I have been checking the pressure with every ride and it seems okay (now that I typed it I will go home to a flat, right?) I will check the e-bay thing too, nice idea - The balance does not seem to be an issue, all feels fine - How much do stock '03 rims go for?

Thanks folks!
            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE!!"

Comment

if you decide to get it fixed try this guy
              www.mcwheel.com
              I've had wheels done there and he does great.
              It's about $120 I think.

Comment

isnt such a big deal...my mate dinged his marchesini's and that cost 40 UK to have it rolled out...

good as new...
                "Sorry Officer ! I thought you wanted to race"

Comment

buy my Dymag wheels LOL

Comment

I have a black stock front for sale

And maybe that left panel you were looking for too
                    TLOTM:
                    May 2003
                    August 2004

Comment

you guys,,,,
                      "Sorry Officer ! I thought you wanted to race"

Comment

No!!! Buy my Dymags!!!!!!
                        Batestlr1000

2002 R1 (Silver)

Comment

Uhh.. get a big hammer and knock it back into place..
                          I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Thx lads - SD check yo PM !

Comment

Originally posted by BatesTLR1000
                              No!!! Buy my Dymags!!!!!!
                              How much? What size is the rear?
                              - If you find this site useful kick us a few bucks. <a href="http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/billspaypal.php"><b><font color="blue">Tip cup</font></b></a>
                              - Want to help support the Planet? <a href="http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/payments.php"><b><font color="blue">Subscribe</font></b></a>

Comment

Working...
                              X