bike weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike weight

OK I know this is stupid but I just got back from helping a friend pick up a 02 tlr and it felt much lighter than my 99. I have aftermarket wheels, cans (D&D) and undertail but that is the only difference. It also felt a lot for maneuverable. Does anyone know what the stock wheels with tires, rotors and sprocket weigh. i bought mine used with the rims and am wondering if they are heavier than stock. Also could my damper be hanging up a little since it feels more sluggish or would the wheels have more to do with that because of the weight once they turn into gyros.
    No More TLR

...just a thought...have you checked your tire pressure/wear on you 99 TLR recently?

I know my TLS starts to handle like a truck when the tire pressure is low or the tires are badly worn (especially the front).

R
    TL_Music to my ears...

Comment

tire condition

brand new with about 1500 highway miles on diablos. tires on 99 look great and still handle like the day i put them on. By the way his was the first bone stock TLR I have ever ridden so i thought it was weird it felt lighter than mine.
      No More TLR

Comment

Check to see if the forks have been raised or the ride-height changed. This gives the bike a totally different feel!

Comment

Re: bike weight

Originally posted by russomf
          once they turn into gyros.

Mmmmmm Gyros....................
          2003 TL1000R

"Aint ever seen it.....but I have heard it." - Neil

Comment

Re: Re: bike weight

Originally posted by Rider 414
            Mmmmmm Gyros....................
            Just a few mods:

Silver, the fastest color!

On the inside - HID type bulbs, K&N filter, Iridium ix plugs, 16T front sprocket, Coerce billet sprocket cover, Yosh re-map +5, +5, +5 11 o'clock, Scorpio SE-i500 system from my GB and an ATRE.

On the outside - TLR forks, front carbon fender, 5/8th master brake cylinder, black SS brake lines (frnt & rear), braking waves all around with Ti bolts, Brembo gold front calipers & a busa gold rear caliper, flush mount signals (frnt & rear), ZG DB scr

Comment

so let me get this right...when your wheels spin they turn into a sandwich especially of lamb and beef, tomato, and onion on pita bread? how do those handle in the twisties?

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
              "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
              -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

Re: tire condition

By the way his was the first bone stock TLR I have ever ridden so i thought it was weird it felt lighter than mine.

Your buddy bought a Yellow one didn't he
                TLOTM:
                May 2003
                August 2004

Comment

gyros (not the sandwich)

OK very funny guys I get it with the sandwich stuff, Personally i am more of a souvlaki guy but here is what I was talking about. check links. http://www.accs.net/users/cefpearson/gyro.htm or check here http://www.howstuffworks.com/gyroscope.htm I hope this explains what I meant by gyros (short for gyroscope)
                  No More TLR

Comment

Jk bro,

The cans are close to 10 pounds less and the wheels should be at least 5 (depending on the brand)

What kinda wheels ya got
                    TLOTM:
                    May 2003
                    August 2004

Comment

here are the pics

I do not know who makes the wheels since they were on the bike when I bought it and did not get the info from the owner so if anyone knows who makes them let me know. i will be pulling them off to check the weight first schitty day. Not today though too nice out here are the pics.
                      No More TLR

Comment

What about your suspension… When was the last time it was adjusted properly? Was the 02 ‘new’?

Comment

suspension set-up

I recently set up the suspension using jamie's setup modified for my weight but since i bought it new I do not know if he messed with the fork position in relation to the triple tree. i guess i need some guidance for what the fork position should be. 02 was used but still at the factory settings when we got it. I rode it after adjusting to jamies exact settings since my friend is anout 240 when i weigh only 165. Just felt more nimble and lite to lift (literally I had to pick up the rear tire to get a stand under it in the bed of the pick-up). Maybe I am reading into it too much, i finally scrubbed off my chicken strips on my tires today so I guess my bike cannot be too bad. i also have 12k on mine vs. the 6k on his. Suspension settings would be great so i could check, any dimensions for an agressive street riding style would be great. no time to do track days so keep it streetable.
                          No More TLR

Comment

Re: tire condition

brand new with about 1500 highway miles on diablos.
                            i don't think that really qualifies as brand new...1500 on diablos is getting close to new tire time

still saying tire pressure, wrong pressure even on a new tire is gonna make the bike feel like a pig in the turns

-

Comment

Russomf, those wheels look like PVM's. They are made in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                              X