Idle stumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle stumble

I was wondering if anyone else has had my issue that I am experienceing. When I rev the motor at idle or when I am down shifting or when I am up shifting, I often get a cough or choke like symptom from the motor, in other words not a very smooth rev off idle. It seems to run a bit better when in the cooler morning air. I have had my tech go through the 20 odd pages of the Suzuki issued pamphlet and adjust or syncronize everything and anything. When this is done the bike runs good for a day or two then will run kind of crappy then after. Then it will run great on an every so often case.
    Doe anyone have some more ideas for me?

Thanks,
    Cory

Check the TPS while it is playing up, it may possibly be drifting if the engine seems to be go from good to bad and back again.

Temporarily get the plug out into the open a bit and carry a paperclip to do the bridging, or attach a switch to it so you can go into dealer mode at will.

I take it you're not getting the FI indicator lit up when it is playing up?

What mods if any has it had done to it and has it been re-mapped or are you running a PCII?

Sorry more questions than answers for you.
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Re: Idle stumble

Originally posted by Cory Buccola
      I was wondering if anyone else has had my issue that I am experienceing. When I rev the motor at idle or when I am down shifting or when I am up shifting, I often get a cough or choke like symptom from the motor, in other words not a very smooth rev off idle. It seems to run a bit better when in the cooler morning air. I have had my tech go through the 20 odd pages of the Suzuki issued pamphlet and adjust or syncronize everything and anything. When this is done the bike runs good for a day or two then will run kind of crappy then after. Then it will run great on an every so often case.
      Doe anyone have some more ideas for me?

Thanks,
      Cory
      Who else knew when reading this thread that Steve would be the first to reply.

Good on you Steve
      A pat on the back is only a few centimetres from a kick in the butt

Comment

All part of the service It's better than work
        "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Cory
          What mods (if any) have you done recently? The reason I ask is my bike suffered from something similar.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...hug/Arnold.gif

Comment

Working...
          X