GP (reverse) shift pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP (reverse) shift pattern

Anyone ever done this to their TL? Just curious how you liked it. I was thinking of trying it out....looks like it should only take a few minutes to flip the lever on the shifter shaft, or maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

I think Jamie did it... heard quite a few reports of no problems, and it feels good. Just don't let someone else ride it.
    Used to ride a '01 TLR

Comment

no probs. just gotta get used to it.
      AFM #715
      Suomy, Leo Vince Exhausts, Stompgrip, Sidi/Motonation, Lockhart Philips, Sonny Engineering, RK Racing Chains, AFAM

Comment

I did it on my RZ.. You REALLY gotta have it on all your bikes if you do it, and you have to train yourself for it. If you ride anyone else's bike you gotta be thinking about it too.

It works great, just be careful
        I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Originally posted by TLSBill
          I did it on my RZ.. You REALLY gotta have it on all your bikes if you do it, and you have to train yourself for it. If you ride anyone else's bike you gotta be thinking about it too.

It works great, just be careful
          Yeah, that's the only thing I was worried about (of course I can always switch it back). I've been riding for ~20 years now on 4-up, 1-down 4-up, 1-down 5-up, etc bikes and I think it'll take some getting used to, but I can definitely see the benefits. I'll try it out, thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by GT80
            Yeah, that's the only thing I was worried about (of course I can always switch it back). I've been riding for ~20 years now on 4-up, 1-down 4-up, 1-down 5-up, etc bikes and I think it'll take some getting used to, but I can definitely see the benefits. I'll try it out, thanks for the replies.
            Let us all know how you like it, I was thinking of doing that to my TLS also...
            Just a few mods:

Silver, the fastest color!

On the inside - HID type bulbs, K&N filter, Iridium ix plugs, 16T front sprocket, Coerce billet sprocket cover, Yosh re-map +5, +5, +5 11 o'clock, Scorpio SE-i500 system from my GB and an ATRE.

On the outside - TLR forks, front carbon fender, 5/8th master brake cylinder, black SS brake lines (frnt & rear), braking waves all around with Ti bolts, Brembo gold front calipers & a busa gold rear caliper, flush mount signals (frnt & rear), ZG DB scr

Comment

You can do it to the TLS, but you have to chop the sprocket cover if you want to keep it on the bike. I will post some pics of my setup

Comment

i did it w my proteks and will never go back
                So?

Comment

yup, i have it on all my bikes. I find that it helps me from hitting neutrals in the tight hairpins.

Comment

if you race on the track the GP shifting allows you to shift up in the middle of a turn while hanging off the other side - without the GP shift pattern I cannot shift up through the turn and must sit up and shift and then hang off again - obviously not a fast way through the corner. I've used this pattern for years and years and still sometimes shift down when I meant to shift up - and it always happens on the cool down lap or Victory Lap (usually someone ELSE's) when my brain is in neutral !
                    Jack DeAndrade
                    Bad Karma Racing

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking of trying it on my bike. I'll give it ago too!

Comment

I have allways done this mod to my bikes, on my tls I had to grind the back of the lever so I can retain the sprocket cover, just grind about 1-2 mm.

This reverse pattern helps on the start up to, not only to shift mid corner, I have never missed a shift from start up or drag racing.

Also helps on your weelies, if you can shift when your up there.... ja ja ja

Comment

Can someone refer me to some instructions on how to actually do it? Thanks!
                          Don't cha know the Yellow one's are fastest!

Comment

I did it on my TLS ... it fits without grinding anything. You just have to adjust the length of the linkage, only about 1 or 2 mm of clearance tho. I prefer it personally much more positive upshifts.

Comment

Originally posted by TL-R1000
                              Can someone refer me to some instructions on how to actually do it? Thanks!
                              Its easy just follow think linkage arm from the lever to the sprocket cover and you will find a swivell type fitting just below and to the right of the sprocket cover. Un do the pinch bolt take it right out, put the swivel thingo off and flip it over, check it goes on the right splines of the shaft so that your lever height is still ok and tighten the bolt back up... thats it.

Comment

Working...
                              X