Stock exhaust vs. Aftermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock exhaust vs. Aftermarket

So I put my stock cans back on the TLR, and it feels like it has more pep. Is Am I imagining things? I had a Yosh bolt ons on it previously.
    Jay

RUN!...It's Twin-zillaaaaa!!!

Did you re-map it for the Yosh cans? If not, you probably lost "some" power, and putting the stock ones back on means it now jetted right again...
    I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

You know, I don't think they guy I bought it from had it re-mapped after putting they Yosh cans on it. Didn't think about that.
      Jay

Comment

Bet that's what it was
        SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
        Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

TLOTM:
          May 2003
          August 2004

Comment

Hmm.. maybe I should try my stockers too, mine isnīt remapped yet either after piping it, still pulling away from the Milleīs though
            PCIIIUSB::CZ wheels::Akra f/s custom cans&hangers::Bitubo shock::GSXR750 K4 legs::R1 calipers::GSXR K2 rear caliper::ExtremeTech damper::Race rearsets::Joe V mod::K&N filter::Van's CCC+PP::Barnett springs::GiPro ATRE::1/5 throttle::C/F mirrors+hugger+fender+tankprotector::LP screen::mod subframe w/ gap tray::undertail::flush indicators::Van's rear cup::Brembo 19x18::Braided lines::Galfer wave rear rotor::Speedking mod OEM rotors::Van's ecc::WC clipons::520 @ 16/40::Van's spr cover::TWM cap::

Comment

Yeah it would pull like crazy, but you can still tell that it wasn't reacting the way it should if it were remapped. I just ordered a new sprocket and some other goodies (brake pads and lines).
              Jay

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the stock ECU remap itself to compensate for different atmospherics?
                The Weaver bird has little brain, it weaves about from lane to lane... that'd be me then...

Comment

...what I mean is, it would compensate to a certain extent for slip-ons/ filter...?
                  The Weaver bird has little brain, it weaves about from lane to lane... that'd be me then...

Comment

Originally posted by stickboy
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the stock ECU remap itself to compensate for different atmospherics?
                    Nope, the ECU doesn't correct for anything. You gotta make adjustments with the Yosh box, Power commander or Teka box.
                    SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
                    Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

Ya know, the same thing has happened to me. I put Yosh slip ons on and remapped to 11 o'clock, +5,+5,+5 and I swear the bike is slower. Used to lift the front wheel 5 inches or so on the first gear rollon but now, zip.

What's up? Anybody else have this experience?

Alan

Comment

I noticed that on the way home tonight. Front wheel got light quick, gettin on the hwy. Never did that before. I'm starting to like it this way. Quiet and quick. Miss the rumble (just a little).
                        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by 5280
                          Ya know, the same thing has happened to me. I put Yosh slip ons on and remapped to 11 o'clock, +5,+5,+5 and I swear the bike is slower. Used to lift the front wheel 5 inches or so on the first gear rollon but now, zip.

What's up? Anybody else have this experience?

Alan
                          Are you sure you didnīt add anything yellow to your bike? Yellow color on a TLR has been known to reduce power by as much as 20 hp.

(sorry for the postwhoring... )
                          PCIIIUSB::CZ wheels::Akra f/s custom cans&hangers::Bitubo shock::GSXR750 K4 legs::R1 calipers::GSXR K2 rear caliper::ExtremeTech damper::Race rearsets::Joe V mod::K&N filter::Van's CCC+PP::Barnett springs::GiPro ATRE::1/5 throttle::C/F mirrors+hugger+fender+tankprotector::LP screen::mod subframe w/ gap tray::undertail::flush indicators::Van's rear cup::Brembo 19x18::Braided lines::Galfer wave rear rotor::Speedking mod OEM rotors::Van's ecc::WC clipons::520 @ 16/40::Van's spr cover::TWM cap::

Comment

I put on the Yosh pipes and remapped 11 o'clock +5 +5 +0..

Seems to work great, but I haven't dyno'ed it..
                            I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

i swear i could wheelie better w/ my stock exhaust system than i can w/ my yosh full system.

2001 TL1000R

Carbon Kevlar gsxr1000 solo tail w/ r6 taillights/hammerit tlr/r kit/ full yosh w/ carbon cans/ attack rearsets/ hermit dragon exhaust hangars/Stainless braided brakelines front and back/ EBC HH pads/ BMC race filter/ PC2/ metzler sporttech tires/ carbon here and there/ racelite fairingstay/ Olhins steering damper/ Polished frame, swingarm, subframe................STILL A PILE OF SHIT

"Johnson sprinkle some crack on'em and lets get out of here!"

Comment

Working...
                              X