A picture of my lastest project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A picture of my lastest project...

It isn't a TL but has the same torquey feel. Going to be alot of fun next summer.
    Spank that Twin !!!

I love road going two-strokes. Have fun with the winter project
    Beauty is only Skin Deep, She's pretty on the inside!

Comment

That is AWESOME. Love the smoke!!!
      2003 TL1000R

"Aint ever seen it.....but I have heard it." - Neil

Comment

Love the smell of a 2-stroke in the morning
        Common sense is not very common.

Comment

looks like a screaming RDLC to me...
          "Sorry Officer ! I thought you wanted to race"

Comment

Fun stuff
            Originally posted by TLCURT
            Because TL's fucking rock.

It's a cult thing...to own one is to love one.

Comment

Originally posted by Screwloose
              looks like a screaming RDLC to me...
              RD-LC / RZ are water cooled with a powervalve.

That's an RD.. Old school-style..
              I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Actually it is a 465 Single (air cooled).
                Should get some looks with that combination. '84 RZ chassis.
                Spank that Twin !!!

Comment

What? You expected us to guess that?

I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Having previously owned a ported WR500 (YZ490 motor, basically) I can tell you first hand it will vibrate like mad and that you will have extreme difficulty keeping the front end down

2 things those old iron linered 2 smokers respond well to. Head reshaping/squish band adjoostment by someone who knows will make it run without pinging on pump gas and allow you to jet it closer to where it should be.

The 2nd thing is a good matching of the iron cylinder liner to the ports. They are notorious for being off. Smoothing that out makes them really run "happy". I had this work done on my WR and it kicked major ass. CR and KX500's had nothing on it.

Damn. I kinda miss that bad ass WR of mine. It laughed at hills
                    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by dgyver
                      Love the smell of a 2-stroke in the morning
                      ...smells like...victory.

Now that is the REAL dark side...feeling drawn back there myself, just been offered this... more details when I have them...
                      The Weaver bird has little brain, it weaves about from lane to lane... that'd be me then...

Comment

Is that an RG or an RZ in the picture There is only two bikes that I know of that look like that from behind. That one looks modded, just a little, HA HA. Mabye alot.

I have an RZ 500 and a 350 also.
                        Spank that Twin !!!

Comment

Having previously owned a ported WR500 (YZ490 motor, basically) I can tell you first hand it will vibrate like mad and that you will have extreme difficulty keeping the front end down

Ya, I can tell you firsthand with the short little ride around the block and up and down the driveway, it is a stupid combo. The thing is sick, I mean SICK!!!

I might go through the motor this winter, just to check things out. I rebuilt the crank last fall with a rod kit and threw in a Wiseco. I did clean up the ports and bead blast it all, but couldn't find any info about porting and squish clearance and band width. If you have any info to share, that would be great. Not too many guys fooling around with these things. It has run great this year in my dirtbike but the chassis is just too outdated for me to keep up to my friends that are hardcore dirtsicle riders. Mabye I will e-mail you so we don't take up all the TL guys space
                          Spank that Twin !!!

Comment

Its an RD500LC, squeezed into a TZR250 reverse cylinder frame, with a 916 swinger... and its cheap...

My first big bike was an RZV500R (Jap market ally frame version), and my third was an RD500LC... I've been resisting the temptation to buy another because in comparison to modern stuff it wouldn't measure up, and I don't want to ruin the nostalgia.

This, however, would be the same but different, if you see what I mean... I need another bike like I need a Grand Piano... can't afford it, no room for it, no time to play with it, but if this one is right I think I'll bite...

I'm sure the other guys won't mind us going on about our stinkwheel perversions, but maybe it should be moved to the open forum??
                            The Weaver bird has little brain, it weaves about from lane to lane... that'd be me then...

Comment

two strokes are just too much fun.. I had and RZ but sold it. You can stick an FZ600 aluminium swingarm on the back of the RZ chassis and fit the 3.5 rear wheel then (the 4 is a little too big). You just have to make your own dogbones from some allthread and heim joints..

Comment

Working...
                              X