Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! LP carbon inlay frame sliders 4 TLS

Gents--

I just received a set of LP carbon inlay frame sliders for my TLS...here's the dilema: LP's website lists the same p/n for the TLS and TLR, but the application chart that comes with the parts only lists a TLR application. The sliders have offset aluminum brackets which resemble those I have seen for TLR's. The problem is that I can't figure out if in fact these can be used on my TLS or not...maybe I'm dumb, but I'm not sure how/where to mount these with (or without for that matter) the adapters. Has anyone put these on a TLS before? The 'instructions' state that the sliders mount to the upper engine mounts, and I tried mounting them to the rear, but the supplied bolts are too short. HELP! Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CD

Got a camera?

TLOTM:
    May 2003
    August 2004

Comment

nope...no camera sorry dude...but these "shogun" sliders appear to have the same brackets as the LP's.

CD

Comment

how does that aluminum bracket possibly hold up to the weight of the bike

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
        "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
        -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

I have the same LP Inlay sliders and i haven't put them on yet, but i heard you might have to get a longer bolt for the left side.
          Stay Up, Stay Safe but most of all Haul Ass!!!!!

Comment

I had the same damn problem!!! Looks like they never fixed the FAWKIN problem, way to go Lockhart!

The sliders are only made for the TLR, not the TLS. Trust me, I looked for bolts all over the place, even specialty shops etc! I even tried using Intuitive's bolts because they were longer and those were about 1/2 inch too short!

Sorry you had to find out first hand, it sucks! TLS and TLR have totally different frames. Wouldn't you think that Lockhard would know that!

Comment

So was it simply a bolt issue? How did you get the offset brackets to work?

Comment

I didn't, I returned them and ordered the pro-sliders from intuitive which the quality was perfect!

Comment

Working...
                X