Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gonna go full yosh with micron cans

hello gang,
    ive decided im going to go the full yosh route, high mount. ive got no license and no reason to keep the bike together for my daily commute till nov. im pretty dead set on making adapters to retain the micron cans which i really like. any suggestions on a source with a good price? ive tried the mark minyard route and cant get any replies. also, which can s would be easiest to resale if i have to buy the cans to get the rest of the system?

thanks!!

Why that combo?

Comment

That would be cool, I like the Micron CF.

My site.
      www.tacoma.gixxer.com

Comment

!!! Make friends at the local muffler shop !!!

I had a Micron titanium header w/ TwoBrothers SS can on my Honda F3, but I had to make one adjustment.

The PIPE was the same size as the HEADER. So I had a friend that worked at Cole Muffler and he used a machine called "The-spreader" and he coaxed the TwoBro opening out to a solidly sweet friction fit on the Micron.

You may have to do the same... dunno... never tried the Yosh/Micron setup.

Good luck...
        "Damn... my brain just stopped"

Comment

i think the yosh rs-3 oval race or ti cans would be the easiest to re-sell. i would even be up for an xtra set of cans if the price was fair

you know with the full system the cans dont "bolt on" right? gonna be some fab work involved if the micron cans are bolt ons

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
          "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
          -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

I wonder, would micron sell you cans off of one of their full systems? That way, they might be slip fit instead...

Comment

I had the Micron cans, they are nice and sound great, but what is your plan to mount them Your gonna either have the pipe have a flange welded on, or the can.

Or you could have an adapter made that bolts onto the can and slips over the Yosh pipe With the hanger they will be supported.

Comment

the microns i have are slips on and i was intending to make a flange adapter. but if micron sells a can that slips on im sure i could get a good buck for the one i already have. i was planning on using the strap type brackets that are already on the cans and they can slide the entire length of the canisters, giving me less grief than having to accomodate a fixed tab. thanks for the feedback.

Comment

the microns i have are slips on and i was intending to make a flange adapter. but if micron sells a can that slips on im sure i could get a good buck for the one i already have.

Comment

Working...
                  X