Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awwww [email protected] I Broke My Bike Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awwww [email protected] I Broke My Bike Help!!

well i got my new progrips today and i got the lt one on fine but while trying to get the throttle side off i was twisting and twisting and guess i turned it too far and i heard a SNAP. now my throttle is just there w/ no tension whatsoever. think i broke the throttle cable or something. help me w/ mucho info, this is killin me. parts price remove / replace procedures!!! help me please
    Sebimoto Carbonfiber Bodywork, Zero Gravity D/B dark tinted screen, Carbo tech C/F frame guards, C/F look levers, black Spider grips, M4 Full system (alum), PC2, Light tech C/F mirrors, GeeLong C/F tank protector, 520 Conversion W/ Gold RK chain and 16/40 stealth sprockets, Pedros Gear Position Indicator, Fan switch, Airbox lid.....REMOVED, Probolt Fasteners all Gold. Spare Set of AMA's Larry Pegram #72 bodywork, Gold clear clutch cover, Galfer rear wave rotor, Pro-Tek Rearsets, Flycal6 quick release tank and seat pins, in the black frame club, Vandrivers coerce style sprocket guard, and a killer TLR keychain

it's probably the plastic piece that holds the cable on go to ronayers.com and look at the fiche and look for that part, they list prices

Comment

Take the kill switch cover off and see if the throttle wires are snapped or if the plastic piece is snapped, my guess would be the plastic piece. Go from there, should be a pretty easy fix.

Comment

you shoulda cut off the stocker

Sorry to hear, it should be an easy fix.
        TLOTM:
        May 2003
        August 2004

Comment

damn!! you gotta cut it?!?! so with some luck i wont have to rip my fairings off?
          Sebimoto Carbonfiber Bodywork, Zero Gravity D/B dark tinted screen, Carbo tech C/F frame guards, C/F look levers, black Spider grips, M4 Full system (alum), PC2, Light tech C/F mirrors, GeeLong C/F tank protector, 520 Conversion W/ Gold RK chain and 16/40 stealth sprockets, Pedros Gear Position Indicator, Fan switch, Airbox lid.....REMOVED, Probolt Fasteners all Gold. Spare Set of AMA's Larry Pegram #72 bodywork, Gold clear clutch cover, Galfer rear wave rotor, Pro-Tek Rearsets, Flycal6 quick release tank and seat pins, in the black frame club, Vandrivers coerce style sprocket guard, and a killer TLR keychain

Comment

don't cut anything!!! Just disassemble the kill switch assembly and check the innerds of the throttle assembly. Then give the cables a pull, not hard, but if they come out, then you need new cables. Not hard brother, just take your time and remember how things came apart and put them back the same way!

Comment

sorry jt,

You should have cut the stock grips off. Too much force while twisting them off always breaks shit
              TLOTM:
              May 2003
              August 2004

Comment

DOH. i did break the white twist part!!well i went to the local stealer and the guy suggested dirtbike ones since they wouldnt have the one i needed till wed or fri NEXT WEEK. well w/ the 3 day weekend comin up i had to do something. bought the dirtbike part and went home for a test fit. WAHLA bingo fit like a glove. then i proceeded on putting the other progrip on. to my dismay the fucker didnt goa ll the way back. theres 1/4 inch of the white underneath showing. guess im gonna have to deal w/ it. i used the cement too so if there is something i can do to fit it it wont come off. think im gonna jimmy rigg it and use a black marker and maint the white so its less noticable might look but oh well. on another note they are wayh comfier than stock then i proceeded to install the new h4 hid bulbs. WHAT A BITCH!! that copper lookin clamp system they have for holding the bulb in place was kickin my ass. but i gottem in finally and they look great. and the best part is a dirtbike part saved my ass from stayin home all weekend!!! eoohoo. thaks again guys you helped me tremendously. from now on im gonna ask before i do ANYTHING new. if i woulda i wouldnt have had to spend an hour in rush hour to get something i couldnt afford to buy. damn this is a long post!! oops, thanks for listening

Comment

oh yea my defender cover ROCKS. THANKS TRICKTAPE!!!!

Comment

Nice work jt

The aftermarket grips dont fit over the throttle housing like the stockers, don't worry about it.
                    TLOTM:
                    May 2003
                    August 2004

Comment

Working...
                    X