Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much life left in my tires...?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much life left in my tires...?

    since this is my first bike and hence my first set of tires I like to know if someone, by inspection can tell me how many clicks I got left on them? They now have 6000kms of moderate to aggressive riding (mostly highway).
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71627.gif">

  • #2
    2

    2
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71627.gif">

    Comment


    • #3
      3

      3
      <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71627.gif">

      Comment


      • #4
        Uh..........They are gone in my opinion.

        Comment


        • #5
          I am in no means an expert so I would wait for more opinions, they seem to have a real flat point in the middle.

          I can tell you for sure though, your ride is in need of a cleaning
          Galfer braided lines throughout, ATRE, UFO tailight, ET79 Undertail and Hugger, 520 16/39 Gold Chain combo, Full Yosh C/F exhuast, Corbin seat, Ohlins Steering Damper, Ohlins Rear Suspension, Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen, Sylvania Superwhites, Yosh Box Remapped and all protected by GORILLA Alarm System

          Comment


          • #6
            Holy crap dude that part on the sides of your tires was actually meant to be ridden on
            I think I could probably get another thou or two out of it just by riding at a lean

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ROJO2CYL
              I am in no means an expert so I would wait for more opinions, they seem to have a real flat point in the middle.

              I can tell you for sure though, your ride is in need of a cleaning
              yes it is but we got rain all of last week so this week I have to catch up for the lost time so cleaning will have to wait till this weekend. I hate cleaning those wheels!
              <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71627.gif">

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MotoTiller
                Holy crap dude that part on the sides of your tires was actually meant to be ridden on
                I think I could probably get another thou or two out of it just by riding at a lean

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MotoTiller
                  Holy crap dude that part on the sides of your tires was actually meant to be ridden on
                  I think I could probably get another thou or two out of it just by riding at a lean
                  I mostly commute to work with my Tiller, hence the crappy way they are wearing out. ALso there aren't many twisty roads around here so thats what happens I guess. Been trying to work on my chicken strips. The right one is as far as I can go before I have to put a knee down. I work the right one on a special curve on my commute to work. The left side has been neglected abit.


                  The reason I don't put a knee down is because my knee sliders are made out of flesh...hehe I really gotta get myself a full suit.
                  <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71627.gif">

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Simple Green

                    Somebody recommended it to me a while ago works wonders I sprayed down most of the bike with it let it sit and sprayed it off with water. Spray it on the rims and use a cloth and you will be golden.



                    If you want to go real crazy you can incorporate some WD40 into the process as well.


                    Or you can use the Honda cleaner$$$
                    Galfer braided lines throughout, ATRE, UFO tailight, ET79 Undertail and Hugger, 520 16/39 Gold Chain combo, Full Yosh C/F exhuast, Corbin seat, Ohlins Steering Damper, Ohlins Rear Suspension, Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen, Sylvania Superwhites, Yosh Box Remapped and all protected by GORILLA Alarm System

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Simple Green

                      Originally posted by ROJO2CYL
                      Somebody recommended it to me a while ago works wonders I sprayed down most of the bike with it let it sit and sprayed it off with water. Spray it on the rims and use a cloth and you will be golden.



                      If you want to go real crazy you can incorporate some WD40 into the process as well.


                      Or you can use the Honda cleaner$$$

                      I scrub my wheels down once with a little WD40 and then finnish it off with some simple green. Its just alot of hassle since it isn't really accesible, especially the front, the disk breaks get in the way and shit, plus I don't have a rear stand to level the bike.
                      <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71627.gif">

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have the same problem. Rolling it forward to get those dirty spots is a pain in the ass.

                        I think stands are the next purchase for me.
                        Galfer braided lines throughout, ATRE, UFO tailight, ET79 Undertail and Hugger, 520 16/39 Gold Chain combo, Full Yosh C/F exhuast, Corbin seat, Ohlins Steering Damper, Ohlins Rear Suspension, Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen, Sylvania Superwhites, Yosh Box Remapped and all protected by GORILLA Alarm System

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by _2002TLRJAY_
                          I mostly commute to work with my Tiller, hence the crappy way they are wearing out. ALso there aren't many twisty roads around here so thats what happens I guess. Been trying to work on my chicken strips. The right one is as far as I can go before I have to put a knee down. I work the right one on a special curve on my commute to work. The left side has been neglected abit.


                          The reason I don't put a knee down is because my knee sliders are made out of flesh...hehe I really gotta get myself a full suit.
                          Just messing with you there, sorry to hear about your commute with no twisties. My knee sliders are flesh too, but I have managed to get to the edges of the tire without having to get a knee down.
                          Final thought: is that a 200, it looks much larger than a 190 for some reason, I'm running the D207 190/50ZR, maybe it's just the angle of the pic or something

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            same tire (stock 190). lets see those edges! hehe
                            <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/global/stations/71627.gif">

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Tires = dead

                              I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X