ecm boxes (TL trash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecm boxes (TL trash)

its me again with the 97 TLS. Just got back from the local mechanic where i was hit with another $500 bill. has anyone had any experiences with the tekka box? my mechanic is telling me that my ecm box may be going bad, due to some of the settings he had to make on my computer. i dont know if my box was ever sent in for the recall or not. the number on my box is 32920-02FJ0 112100-0270 12v NEP019 can anyone tell me if that is a newer box or is it the original one that was recalled. This bike has been the biggest headache i have ever owned but i love the bike to death and cant part with it. thanks for any help! aloha...

Kev posted the ECU numbers the other day.

Here they are

32920-02F40 112100-0120 USA (original)
    32920-02F41 112100-0123 USA (new, per Suzuki)

32920-02F00 112100-0070 UK & Australia (original)
    32920-02F00 112100-0072 UK (original)
    32920-02F00 112100-0090 UK (original)
    32920-02F01 NZ & Australia (new)

The parts department at Suzuki GB says: "It seems that the 32920-02 part is a worldwide ID number for the ECU. The bit that starts Fxx signifies a variation in the ECU dependent upon the market for which it is intended (UK-F00, USA-F40). The bit which starts 112100-xxxx is probably a manufacturers number or a batch number."

FJ0 :dunno, you'd have to probably ring Suzuki and find out what market that box was made for and if it is an updated version, but at a guess ending in 0 is original, you'd probably want an FJ1
    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

thanks a lot that helpe me out greatly, i will be on the phone with suzuki first thing tomorrow morning. sucks being in hawaii as far as finding good mechanics we are limited to only one dealer w/one good mechanic. aloha...

Comment

umm, your dealer should have gotten the updated ecu for you. if the old ecu was the reason for your 500 dollar bill, then make the dealer eat the bill, for being stupid...

Comment

I'd be at their door in the morning.

aloha,
          TLOTM:
          May 2003
          August 2004

Comment

ecm

My dealer finally got back to me about my original stumbly computer and will not replace it. He said that this was not a recall but rather a "fix it promotion" or some crap. Basically they only gave owners a year to get the new box or your SOL.

Does anyone with an Old TLS know if this was truly a recall or is the dealer shooting straight and I am left riding a stubly bike because the original owner was too lazy to get the work done.

Comment

Suzuki will honor all recalls!

Someone had the number, :dunno or call 411
              TLOTM:
              May 2003
              August 2004

Comment

its a recall. mine was recalled. tell them to honor it or they will have a boot up their ass. or over 1000 TLP members boots up their asses.

Comment

Yeah!! Get a email for us to bomb!!
                  2003 TL1000R

"Aint ever seen it.....but I have heard it." - Neil

Comment

Mine was replaced by Suzuki in 2001 (bike is an '97), even though I was the second owner and it was a private sale! They even contacted Suzuki Canada to see if there were any more outstanding recalls that needed doing on my bike. I think the dealership gets some labour $$$ from Suzuki for warranty work so they are normally happy to help. Selling somebody a warranty part and pocketing the money is a good way to have Suzuki bulldoze your dealership.

Don't take no for an answer on this one! If you weren't on a friggin island we would all ride down there and

If it ain't broke, lighten it.

'97 TL1000s, '00 DRZ400s

Comment

It always amazes me how some dealerships aren't into helping a customer. What ever happened to Customer Service. No one cares anymore, just give me your money and get out is the new motto.
                      '97 TLS --SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by PeteW
                        It always amazes me how some dealerships aren't into helping a customer. What ever happened to Customer Service. No one cares anymore, just give me your money and get out is the new motto.
                        Wait until there is another sales glut and see what happens. It is a sellers market right now, but it always bottoms out again when the economy goes a bit soft. I have noticed that when sales slump the dealer always starts remembering my name, but couldn't pick me out of a lineup of midgets when the GSXR's are flying out the door.
                        If it ain't broke, lighten it.

'97 TL1000s, '00 DRZ400s

Comment

call the local suzuki rep, and raise hell

-

Comment

once again all you guys help is appreciated, called suzuki usa and they said by being here in hawaii i have to go through our local dist. because we get our bikes here from japan not the u.s. so i am on it fellas. thanks

Comment

good job, and i was hoping to go to hawaii to raise hell

Comment

Working...
                              X